What computer games do you play?

Started by Kyrolin Zenyar, April 15, 2011, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

Most of my gaming is done on a console (Xbox, generally, but also Wii and DS). When I do play on a computer, it tends to be simulation games, strategy games or the occasional MMORPG. Some computer games I've been playing lately: Sims Medieval, Spore, Dofus 2 and Civilization 5. I also enjoy playing Angry Birds and Doodle Jump when I'm on the go, but I don't play games on my phone often, because it drains my battery so quickly.

I like Portal because it makes me think, but I never finished the game. Anyone played Portal 2 yet?
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

windhound

Ashy - I think as long as you click 'download' on Steam's site it's added to your library, so you can download it whenever you can play it.

I played through Portal and Portal 2 on my 360, started playing through Portal last night on my mac and I gotta say I like the 360 controller better than keyboard / touchpad.  Prolly just what I'm used to, mostly a console gamer.  Guess I could dig out my mouse...

Portal 2 is fun Ruatine (oh hai, you should stay longer this time), definitely worth picking up.
Also, you should finish Portal - its not a long game. 

Picked up Age of Empires 3 a week or two back (yes, its now an old game) and have been playing through the campaign.  Fun.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Kilkenne

Get age of empires II, window so we can play multiplayer. It's a good idea!

Gen. Volkov

QuoteGet age of empires II, window so we can play multiplayer. It's a good idea!

I have Age of Empires 2.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Age of Empires 2 is defo the best age of empires...I think we lost our disk though. :(

Portal 1 was pretty fun, though I'm yet to play the second one. I borrowed the Orange box and loved everything except TF2. Though granted, I was at a disadvantage playing on console and am not really huge on multiplayer games anyway. Probably why I loved HL2 and the episodes. (though ep 1 wasn't that great)

Also Volk, you just kind of spoiled the ending of Portal in your post. :P I agree the difficulty does sharply increase.

As for angry birds, I just can't be bothered. It's fun to begin with, but just gets v. repetitive and let's be honest, the people who made that game do not deserve all the money they got for getting an existing game format, copying and pasting it and selling it for 99c. Suppose that's just the way the world works, though.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAlso Volk, you just kind of spoiled the ending of Portal in your post. Tongue I agree the difficulty does sharply increase.

How so? Everyone knows there is a computer named GLaDOS in the game, and it only makes sense that you would somehow have to defeat it. Anyway, the real fun of Portal is the journey and the black humor, not the ending. Anyone who has listened to the song "Still Alive" can probably figure out that you kill GLaDOS in the game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Firetooth

I have to say, the game was a triumph and a huge success.  :P

I agree with you, but some people are really fussy about spoilers.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI have to say, the game was a triumph and a huge success.

Indeed. I am making a note here.

QuoteI agree with you, but some people are really fussy about spoilers.
\

Well those people are jerks.

Dark Claws

Some people are really annoying with spoliers, like telling you the Master Cheif lives in the end of Halo 3. But who didn't know that. And I, who never played Portal (want to though), still know you'd have to kill GLaDOS.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

windhound

Heh.  Portal was released in Oct of 2007. 
Its been 4 years, anyone interested in the game would have played it by now.

I was going to legit buy a copy of Age of Empires 2, but people be crazy - http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empires-2-Gold-Mac/dp/B00005RD6X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316573094&sr=8-1
So I 'found' one instead

I think Kilk should get a copy of Age of Empires 3 so we can play, 2 may be a good game but 3 has a lot more polish to it.  Graphics aren't everything, but 2 is definitely showing its age
I'll probably still play through the campaign
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Uiblis

I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem