Previous topic - Next topic

For reals, what should I be cooking?

Beef Wellington
2 (13.3%)
Shepard's Pie
4 (26.7%)
Lasagna
3 (20%)
Pulled Pork (either sandwiches or just the pork)
3 (20%)
Other (Please specify)
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Kilkenne

I'm only cooking for myself and two others tonight as everyone else is off doing something else. So I have the freedom to make something nice. I make beef wellington about once every two months and I'm pretty good at it. I also make the other stuff a lot because I'm unadventurous and that stuff is sort of complicated so I feel okay making it every few months when I feel like cooking.

Thank you for voting in my online internet food poll.

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Pulled Pork.

Put a little BBQ, fry up some pickles and cut up some cole slaw and you got a good meal.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Neobaron

Quote from: Krowdon on May 26, 2011, 01:54:34 PM
Pulled Pork.

Put a little BBQ, fry up some pickles and cut up some cole slaw and you got a good meal.

This.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Kilkenne

How does one fry a pickle? I am assuming this is a southern thing. I will give it a shot if you get me some instructions and how's the best way to do it, should this win the poll.

Krowdon

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Neobaron

Uh. Batter/fry it like anyting else.

Southerns can't be the only people with the knowledge of how to fry anything.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Kilkenne

No, just pickles was what I was curious about. I have literally never even seen a fried pickle before. That's why I wondered if there was anything different about it.

Either way, I'ma give it a shot with whatever I cook, just because it's an excuse to bust out the deep fryer.

Krowdon

Quote from: Kilkenne on May 26, 2011, 02:58:57 PM
No, just pickles was what I was curious about. I have literally never even seen a fried pickle before. That's why I wondered if there was anything different about it.

Either way, I'ma give it a shot with whatever I cook, just because it's an excuse to bust out the deep fryer.

You should take a picture of your dinner tonight and post it here.

Kyrolin Zenyar

Some sort of crepes OR gizzards, liver, and heart.
Seriously.  I love those things.  Am I invited?
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

calria

Quote from: Neobaron on May 26, 2011, 02:57:41 PM
Uh. Batter/fry it like anyting else.

Southerns can't be the only people with the knowledge of how to fry anything.

No, but they may be the only ones with the perseverance. Who on earth wakes up one morning and says, hey, yknow what would be great for breakfast? Deep fried White Castle Burger, and deep fried slice of cheesecake for dessert!

Seriously though, fried pickles are delicious. You just have to get them dry enough before you batter them, so that the batter sticks right. The bf and I do them in skinny wedges with  cornmeal batter, supertasty. Add some jalapeno ranch dipping sauce... nomnomnomnom

The Lady Shael

It doesn't matter cause I'm not there to eat it :( also this thread really makes me hungry.

(can't decide between shepherds pie and pulled pork)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

I am making shepherd's pie right now. I also just realized that I spelled Shepard in that post like the Mass Effect guy. And that amuses me. Also, I made fried pickles, and they are really good, I cannot believe I had never had this before...

Genevieve

MY BOYFRIEND is going to make paella for dinner tonight.

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?