State of the Revolution Address

Started by Neobaron, May 30, 2011, 11:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

Dear Guests, Comrades and Friends:

We are most happy and overjoyed to be with you at this jubilant gathering to celebrate the 3 month anniversary of the founding of the Redwall Liberation Front amidst an upsurge of our great cultural revolution. On behalf of the entire RLF, I would like here to extend our warm greetings to the broad masses of our workers, peasants and soldiers, revolutionary teachers and students, revolutionary guards and youth and revolutionary cadres, to the representatives of all the revolutionary people of all our races and clans!

Our great cultural revolution has manifested infinitely great power. It has defeated the arrogance of the reactionary bourgeoisie and is cleaning up all the rubbish left over by the old society; it has broken old ideas, customs and habits of the exploiting classes, fostered new ideas, culture, customs and habits of the ancient, and vigorously promoted the revolutionization of the minds of all - goodbeast and vermin alike. A high tide of enthusiastic study of revolutionary works is now rising throughout the RLF and indeed the whole of the Redwall community. Over 30 different individuals have taken on an entirely new mental complexion.

Our great cultural revolution and the accompanying re-education movement in the cities and in rural areas have given a powerful impetus to our new construction. Our industries have witnessed tremendous developments both in output and in quality. In agriculture, bumper harvests have been reaped in succession. The strength of our national defence is steadily growing. A situation of a new all-round leap forward is emerging.

Every success achieved by our people in the mental or material realm is a great victory of RLF thought. Most inhabitants of RWL are exceedingly happy and honoured to have such a great change. We are deeply convinced that so long as we hold high the great banner of RLF thought and hand it on from generation to generation, we shall certainly succeed in building up our great land and in doing so make it an impregnable state that will never falter.

Our great cultural revolution is acclaimed and warmly praised by all revolutionary people of the world and immensely fortifies their revolutionary fighting will and confidence in victory. The handful of net oppressors, modern revisionists and reactionaries in various sectors are hurling vicious abuse at us precisely because our great cultural revolution has dug out the roots of their subversive activities and their attempts at "peaceful netting" in Redwall and has thus hit them where it hurts most. Their abuse only proves that we have done the right thing and serves further to expose their reactionary features, their hostility towards the inhabitants of Redwall and the cause of general progress.

Our great cultural revolution is a new thing without precedent in RWL history.

Comrades and friends! The present situation is excellent and favourable to the revolutionary people. The days of net oppression and all reactionaries are numbered. The modern revisionists, too, are finding life increasingly difficult. The ranks of the RLF are expanding steadily. The revolutionary movements of the people of the world, particularly in Mossflower, Southsward and the Northlands, are surging vigorously forward. Under the leadership of Premier Kilkenne, the Imperial people are marching from victory to victory in their war of resistance against aggression and for national salvation.

Armed with the great thought of the RLF, the inhabitants of RWL are determined, no matter what the price and sacrifice, to firmly support the Imperial people in fighting through to the end till the aggressors are driven out of RWL, and to firmly support the peoples of Mossflower, Southsward and the Northlands in their revolutionary struggles against net oppression and firmly support the struggles of the people of the inhabitants of RWL.

Our great cultural revolution is of the most profound and far-reaching significance for ensuring RWL's adherence to standards of rationality.

We must unite with all the people of the community opposing net oppression and and carry the struggle against net oppression through to the end!

---

Now may I propose a toast

to the great unity of the inhabitants of all the races in our community,

to the unity of the inhabitants of RWL,

to the great progress of the cause of liberation of the people of all RWL,

to the health of our friends from different clans, and

to the health of all our compatriots and comrades present here!

written hastily by neo and edited by drunk kilk
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Abby The Rat

*blink blink* I read it.. err.. can I get a shorter version, like a TL;DR snippet? Pretty please?
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Kilkenne

Quote from: Abby The Rat on May 31, 2011, 12:21:43 AM
*blink blink* I read it.. err.. can I get a shorter version, like a TL;DR snippet? Pretty please?

As far as the community is concerned, this is fairly serious posting. You can either read it or not read it. We are at about 90% seriouspost content here, if not 99%. There is no TL;DR because the content flows as a speech would flow. You are relegated to either reading the whole thing or responding with no content, unfortunately.

Gen. Volkov

*Raises glass in toast and salute*

I, General Volkov of Mossflower, have looked from afar at your doings. I find your cause both noble and good. When you first arrived on the scene, I was unsure of what to make of your cause and your Liberation Front. But watching the ensuing events has given me great hope for the future of RWL. I was happy upon receiving this invitation to your gathering. Woof has always been dedicated to keeping RWL healthy and vibrant, and I see in your efforts the same sort of dedication. Your style and my own do not mesh perfectly, but I think we can work together for the greater good of the community.

So, I hereby pledge both myself and my clan to your cause. Your fight shall be our fight, Imperial and Kilkenne shall not have to go it alone in their fight. Together we shall drive out the oppressors, the revisionists, and the reactionaries, and create a new Golden Age.

Forward the Revolution!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

*sits in the shadows waiting for all this useless banter to turn into action.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Abby The Rat

So, I re-read the thing twice.. I'm going over there now, far far away and maybe.. plot an uprising. I SHALL GET MY TL;DR VERSION!!! *waves flag around*
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Firetooth

Whenever I see the words cultural revolution I think about mass death and the destruction of a genererations education...

just sayin', I'm guessing you're aware of that because of that (epic) poster :D

Aha, yes, you must be:

QuoteOur great cultural revolution and the accompanying re-education movement in the cities and in rural areas have given a powerful impetus to our new construction.

Kind of a neat thread.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

Now darnit I could have supported this idea had you not used a communist theme, but no.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Kilkenne

The ferret sat late into the night at a parchment-strewn desk, muttering to himself as he produced legislature at a feverish pace. The Premier had hardly slept since his shadow appointment over a month ago. He must bring order to this world. He must bring salvation to these infidels. He must save them from themselves, lest they give in to their primitive savagery. He alone, he knew, should be the savior of everyone in Mossflower, the Northlands, and Southsward. It was his chosen destiny.

"Peace through Power" he muttered. He scrawled his signature across an erratically flowing missive and sealed the parchment, intending to send it away once dawn broke.

The Conflict is viewed too tragically, and is presented too tragically in the community; the regime does not seek war. If this crisis can be ended with honor, the powers that be will gladly do so. The great independence of the individual makes it difficult in RWL to enforce justice under the current rules. We have been changing this with much diligence, with the thought of the People in mind. Recently, it was otherwise; then, individual independence was lacking. This peaceful netting crisis, however, is no shame, but rather an honor. We are perhaps too educated to put up with mere peaceful netting - we are too critical. Public opinion wavers; the forum pulse is not public opinion; we know how that changes. There are too many comrades in arms who have the revolution at heart.

The members of the RLF, however, have the task of standing over public sentiment, and of guiding it. Our blood is too hot, we prefer armor too great for our small body to carry, but we should put it to service. RWL does not look to the RLF's militarism, but to its power. EOTP, Knight, and Woof would like to turn to liberalism, but they shall not assume Imperial's role. Imperial must collect its forces for the favorable occasion, which has several times been neglected; Imperial's borders are not favorable to a healthy national life. Not by speeches and decisions of majorities will the greatest problems of the time be decided - that was the mistake of our recent past - but by steel and blood. This olive branch that I offer I picked up in Mossflower, to offer, as a symbol of peace, to the popular party: I see, however, that it is still not the time to be offering it. Steel and blood.

Neobaron

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on May 31, 2011, 08:31:02 AM
Now (dog-garn-it) I could have supported this idea had you not used a communist theme, but no.

All are welcome in the glorious revolution!

You will find your place amongst the people.

Or we will find it for you.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Krowdon

Can we maybe dumb down the first post? I started to go cross-eyed after the first two paragraphs.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works