RP Plans Part 1

Started by Twilight Shadow, May 20, 2011, 02:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilight Shadow

Hey everybody, so we have been focusing on Redwall themed RPs and the idea to make a "book" of RPing. We are going to try and make it like a book of Brain Jacques and will dedicate it to him if it works out decently well. So everyone please help with the planning and join the RP when it starts.

So we need help with the plot, the setting and the general context of the RP. Please try to make it organized when you post for suggestions and ideas. Thanks!

General questions we will start off with:

1) Location?
            -Do we want it in the Abbey, Southwards, Mossflower, Northlands and wherever...Be creative because all ideas are wanted, accepted and taken into consideration

2) Plot?
        -what is the story going to be about? A giant army attacking some structure... many quests.....struggles? What do you think?

Please post ideas and suggestions and keep this active since it is summer and most love this game. Old players and new please please post. Every idea is helpful no matter how stupid it sounds.

Also you can make a profile of yourself later when we figure out what is going on in the book...choose your side and details of your character will come later. Thanks for the help everyone.

Krowdon

I think, if weare following the regular Redwall book structure, we should include the Abbey. The entire thing doesnt have to involve Redwall or Mossflower.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

Is this from the goodbeast or vermin point of view? I think most people here are used to writing from the vermin point of view.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Twilight Shadow

Yes we could do like a vermin group versus a vermin group that would be interesting and fun for everyone here I would think. We still could use Redwall structure but it would just be a little more vermin since this game is all vermin and we like being evil.

Keep pouring in ideas so they can be agreed and then twisted :D

Neobaron

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 20, 2011, 02:40:09 PM
Is this from the goodbeast or vermin point of view? I think most people here are used to writing from the vermin point of view.

What is the difference?

(Serious question, didn't read the books.)
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Twilight Shadow

In the books typically goodbeasts usually are preparing feasts or discussing some sort of quest. They are noble, caring and show compassion to each other.

While vermin usually end up with some sort of mutiny and killing within there own group. They are pissed off because they are lacking food. They are vicious, evil and not very nice.

Basically what you think it would be.

***At least I think thats what Shael was trying to say :D

Neobaron

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Krowdon

I'm gonna be gone for about a week, so if a few minutes I'll post Krowdon info on this post. Very basic stuff.

VERY BASIC KROWDON: (I don't know exactly what you want, so If you need more, let me know)

Name: Krowdon
Age: Mid to late 20's (I mean if their lifespan was the same as ours.)
Species: Fox
Team: Vermin
Fur: Dark Red
Eyes: Purple
Weapon: Battle Axe or Short sword
Other: In General, she can be impatient. Likes to torture prisoners or disobedient followers. That's why what she says, usually gets done right away. She absolutely loves her brother Twilight Shadow (If we are going with that) and would follow him to hell and back.
(more in a few)
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Twilight Shadow

Due you mean for age seasons??? lol

Krowdon

I was going in human years. Not 100% sure on Human to Redwall age transitioning.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 20, 2011, 07:33:06 PM
In the books typically goodbeasts usually are preparing feasts or discussing some sort of quest. They are noble, caring and show compassion to each other.

While vermin usually end up with some sort of mutiny and killing within there own group. They are pissed off because they are lacking food. They are vicious, evil and not very nice.

Basically what you think it would be.

***At least I think thats what Shael was trying to say :D

Yep, pretty much. In the books vermin are depicted as completely and utterly evil (or stupid), but we kind of portray them as being bloodthirsty but still capable of honor and competence.

Are you guys going to use events that happened in the RWL storyline? We actually have a lot of history that makes a great background story. For locations, I think it would make most sense to use the locations from the game, Southsward, Mossflower and Northlands. And it'd be cool to stuff in as many game references as possible. :p Like Mercenaries, skiff races, clan crier notices, sending aid, etc.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

There are some good/morally grey vermin such as Romsca, Veil and Blaggut. If only Brian Jacques had included more, I really despised the whole morally black adn white thing.

Co-incidentally, my favourite books are probably Pearls of Lutra and Sunflash the mace.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Daryn

I like those too, Firetooth. xD.

Meanwhile...I had this idea of a Redwall themed plot thing. Maybe it's a time when a warlord has conquered the abbey enslaved the inhabitants, and other regional warlords are fighting for the abbey?
Pies.

Kilkenne

Quote from: Daryn on May 21, 2011, 11:23:48 PM
Maybe it's a time when a warlord has conquered the abbey enslaved the inhabitants, and other regional warlords are fighting for the abbey?

This is the first post in this thread that I have seen that I feel like I must respond to. I like this idea.

Daryn

Kilk approval? *gasp*

I'll make a new warlord some time.
Pies.