Picture Thread

Started by windhound, July 09, 2011, 02:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I learned photography on a camera like that. Is it a manual wind, or automatic? (Manuals have a big lever you use to advance the film) Does it have features that allow you to change shutter speed? They are usually called f-stops. I think F-stop 7 is the best for most light. The viewfinder in that type of camera is an exact representation of what you will see in the picture, BTW, there are mirrors that bounce the image from the lens to the viewfinder.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ungatt Trunn II

It's manual wind. From what I can tell shutter speed can be adjusted, but it also has an automatic mode where it choses it for you (even displays it in the viewfinder, neat!)

Do these cameras have trouble in dim spaces? I know on my phone for example I'll be able to see just fine but the phone won't.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Shadow

that should be dependent on the shutter speed. Longer shutter = more light collected
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ungatt Trunn II

That's good to know then, considering it has no flash. I finished up the trial film today and will try to get it developed as soon as possible. Only then will I be able to know for sure if it works and how well, or at least if I did everything right.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Shadow

if you want to do very long shutters make sure you place it on something stable. Otherwise it will come out blurry if there is significant movement while the shutter is open.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ungatt Trunn II

I put it on the longest shutter. It clicked and never went back. Luckily I hadn't put any film in it yet.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, longer shutter speeds will improve it's performance in dim light. There might be a detachable flash, that you can buy separately. The automatic mode should do fine for most pictures though. With manual wind cameras, you can do cool things, like double exposures to create ghost effects. Some of them won't let you click the shutter again until you've wound the camera though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES