Sampetra Tax

Started by The Lady Shael, September 06, 2011, 10:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

So I've noticed most of you deliberately moved to Sampetra....which I take to mean that the Emperor tax isn't high enough. XD

Just wondering what your opinions are of the Emperor tax and any other suggestions you might have for it. Right now the tax takes 0.02% of your total food and total cash per turn.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

.02% of your total income isn't particularly much versus the massive benefit that you get from being in the region. You receive ~25% more resources while only paying that small .02% tax on them. Even though you're paying per turn, the state of the game is such that people aren't exactly producing anything per turn. Unless you set it to tax stored resources, in which case it'd pile up resources much faster. I've been led to believe that it's income, although I could be completely wrong about this. You could jack it up to .1% and see what happens to the amount of wealth on the emperor whilst people run turns.

The Lady Shael

I know I said before the tax would apply what you produced per turn, but when I looked at our past Lutra rounds, the tax actually applied to your "stored" resources, so that's what I put in. Either way, it still doesn't seem to add up to much.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

For all 550 of your turns, assuming that you produce absolutely nothing, it'll only run down 11.62% of your total resources, in that case. I guess the question then becomes, what is appropriate? If it's set to .05% it'll run down 31.64% of your resources. Again this is assuming that you do no production. Considering the fact that it doesn't touch food that is stored upon the market, you could theoretically jack this up to whatever number sounds fun and exciting at the time, because it really only affects leader players that are massing food, and if they're smart, they will store the bulk of their food.

The .05% figure seems alright, as losing 32% or so isn't too bad (again, it's assuming you produce nothing) considering that you're getting a 25% boost on your production. It makes the region a strategic choice, in that when you have fewer resources it's good to be there, but when you have a ton, you don't want the emperor taxing you to death.

Sevah

I thought the region was only taxing cashers and farmers while the leader missions were free. If it taxes your stockpiles that's easy countered by aiding a clanmate.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.