Unread Posts

Started by Uiblis, September 30, 2011, 07:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

The spa is filled with these new posts. It wasn't really a problem earlier, but now all these astrology spammers and everyone posts so much, that when I check unread posts, the whole page is overflowing with [ferret poop] in Spa that I sometimes don't want to see.  :P

Is it possible to organize topics by which board they are posted in instead of by time/most recent?
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

I, too, would like this feature.

Incidentally, I now have the most posts on the forum, tied with Peace. It was more or less inevitable.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shadow Assassin

Yea it is annoying, who makes the decisions? Is it Shael?

Shadow

Not really sure how the forum software works. It isn't quite like the game since most of it was not written by Shael. I have no idea how easy that would be to implement.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Rakefur

I second (or it fourth) this.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Uiblis

Quote from: Shadow on September 30, 2011, 10:43:00 PM
Not really sure how the forum software works. It isn't quite like the game since most of it was not written by Shael.

I actually thought this might be the case, but still decided to throw this out there.

Shael? What do you think?
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Yellow Eyes

I've brought this up before to, worried that I might miss something I actually need to read because its surrounded by SPAM room stuff. She said there was nothing she could do. In fact, I think I messaged her about it. Yeah, she said there was no easy way to do it.

Briar

I know it is time consuming but if you just go to each board, there should be a "new" by the ones that have posts you haven't visited yet.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

The Lady Shael

Yep, what Yellow Eyes said.

There's no built-in SMF feature that would let us do this. There /might/ be a plug-in, but even if there was, it probably wouldn't be high up on the priority list. =|
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

Ugh, I do not like second place.

Pippin

dont worry, youll be in third in a year or so
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres