Previous topic - Next topic

Trident

The 70's would be the best!!!

Blizzard

Uhhhh... I'd like to try the 3000's! ;)  
Mini Sarumanuser posted image

SKITTLES

Beem

I choose, none of the above.  Medieval was the greatest time of all. ^_^ You could walk around with a sword in your belt and a pouch of cash, and it wasn't illegal.  All sorts of wonderful things, the only drawbacks are, there was no computer or Internet. ^_^ *Flicks a skittle at anyone who reads this.*

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Blizzard

Oh, I call medival!  Oooh!  A skittle!*gobbles it up*Thank you, Beem!  Skittles for life!  Yeah!  Give me a high-five!  Ok... that's going too far...

SKITTLES

Beem

*Quirks his head at Blizzard, amused by her/his trick of catching the skittle in his/her mouth.  Flicks another at him/her, to see if (s)he does it again.* It?s Medieval not medival.  It is derived from Latin, the word medius meaning middle, and aevum being age, thus medieval means middle age.  
But, since you believe the power of the skittle, you are forgiven. ^_^  *Also flicks a skittle at Blizzard's hand or paw, depending on whether he is a person or an animal character on the forums.*

"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Blizzard

*eats them all*  Hmmm...  Yummy!

SKITTLES

Trident

Oh come on- the 70's rules.  

Boze (Admin)

Actually, the Medieval era would be by far one of the worst. Only a very small percentage got to be nobility. Of that small percentage, very few got to be knights. The fantasy image we have of this time period is recieved from books. Most people during this era were dirt-poor serfs working for the nobility. You know... you don't bathe, your hear is greasy, your teeth are rotting out of your head. Your chances of surviving early childhood are slim. Your life expectancy is far less than that of the Roman Empire which fell centuries before. You are worked to death and must give a majority of your harvest to your Lord. You aren't allowed to leave the land which you tend. Disesase and fire is rampant. You have almost no possesions. No, Feudalism and serfdom are terrible things. Even the fantasy land of Camelot (if it ever exsisted) was terribly flawed. You couldn't improve your social class at all.
That's me!

Beem

*Grins.* All this I know, but the fantasy image is much proffered.  The women used to walk with roses by their noses so it would mask the smell of un-bathed people.  Still, to be a knight during that time, and to live in the fantasy world we have structured around that time, would be a great thing indeed. *Flicks skittles at the admin trying to ruin his dreams of life.*

Ferron

Hmmm...  I'd have to say the medieval era also but only the fantasy one.  I guess in real life it would be bad but in fantasy, it's awesome!(especially if you carry a big pointy sword! :D )
Ferron
I am Brock

Aqualis

I voted '80s. I don't know why. :ph34r:  
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Kazaar

Medieval, but that fantasy one yes.

calria

Hmmm...

I put '60s, because in reality, if we go with historical accuracy, the '60s would be the time I'd like to live in, other than now. Everyone I know IRL tells me that I look like something from then anyway, so it'd work.

I'd like to live in a Medieval fantasy coloring book...

~>John<~

I put 2010, though really I'd have preferred....o.....middle greek civilization
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Dead Eye

During the French and Indian war. You got swords, guns, ok clothes, battle. It isn't barbaric, but you can have swords too.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&#039;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&#039; target=&#039;_blank&#039;&gt;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Spokesperson for The winter clan. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov