Happy 9th Birthday, RWL!

Started by The Lady Shael, October 14, 2011, 09:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Happy 9th Birthday, RWL!

Honestly sometimes I can't believe it's been 9 years....just one year short of a decade.

Every year I post the birthday topic, not sure if maybe it's the last time I do. Many people didn't even expect RWL to last beyond one year, yet here we are. :) This odd little community has defied all odds and keeps chugging along, bringing us not just entertainment, but also friendship and personal growth. I think our resolve to keep this place going has become a little stronger... before it was for our own benefit. Now we try recreate the good experiences and friendships we had for a younger generation. And personally, to me the greatest reward is seeing you guys having fun. :) I'll be here as long as I can see that happening.

Okay, enough mushy stuff. Who wants cake??

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rakefur

Happy 9th Birthday, RWL!
I want cake!!

Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

wolf bite

And a very Happy Birthday from another one of us that started in the first few months.

Many of the people here have spent 1/3 to half their lives hanging out and making friends on this site. A big hand's together to clap for that!

I have always felt that what makes this site so very special is the type of people it attracts. Because was themed on books, we have those that enjoy reading; because there is strategy games we have those who are analytical thinkers. We frankly have smart people.

Although there is nothing wrong with people going into the service trades because of desire or lack of other opportunities, a large percent of our members have gone off to graduate school. Percentage wise I think few sites can compete with how many have done so.

For the members who are yet young and newly arrived, I beg of you to stay and take the benefits of those before you. These are all great role models and together makes a family on its own. Count on those you know you can count on and learn by following the path of those whose roads have already been taken.

Again, Happy Birthday!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Rakefur

Quote from: wolf bite on October 14, 2011, 09:54:44 AM
We frankly have smart people. (other than Pippin)
I'm sorry I couln't help myself.  :P

Wolf Bite, will you stick around?

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Land Farm

Happy birthday Redwall: Warlords.

Hmm, 9 years of beatings...9 years of beatings, and only about 2 months of worship. And only 3 loyal followers...... :'(
I am so powerful I need neither drink nor food. To feel the warmth of the fire at my feet is enough drink for me. And to feel the cool breezes on my face is enough food for me. You can not even begin to fathom my power. You are like a little ant, that I crush the life out of.

Uiblis

Happy B-day RWL!

Hope this site stays around. More birthdays and MORE CAKE.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Firetooth

Happy b-day rwl! :)

Good to see WB around as well.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Happy 9th Birthday RWL!!

♥ Redwall Warlords.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

You guys know who is excited about this occasion?

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Rakefur

Neobaron

Yeah I figured it was kind of a stretch.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Holby

Happy birthday RWL!

I'd like to thank all of the admins who have dedicated so much time and effort to keep this game going over the past nine years.

Hurrah to all of the warlords, clans, spammers, conversationalists, strategists, and nasty vermin who have been a part of our broad and exciting community.

And an extra cheer for our longest serving admin, The Lady Shael! I think we owe her a slightly bigger slice of the cake. (Just slightly)

I will not deleted this

Rakefur

She gets to shove her face in it.  :D