Redwall The video Game

Started by Camaclue, October 22, 2011, 04:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camaclue

I always thought of a Redwall MMORPG. It would have multiple weapons, many places to visit, and a bunch of other stuff. Say what you think should go into a Redwall game here. I'll start off with the basic thing. THE PLOT. So, it takes place in the not too far future of Redwall. towns are being built, trading flourishes, and gunpowder weapons have been developed. Many beasts have come to Redwall Abbey because of a growing danger spreading through Mossflower. You, the player, must go throughout The Mossflower country to stop the rising threat.

I already have a main town in mind, called Viewport, a town built on the side of a mountain with ships. It's a main trade town and targeted by pirates often, so it's heavily defended. You can buy different types of weapons and ships there, plus the townspeople often have a job for you, from finding a stolen ring to sinking a pirate ship before it lands on the beach.

Another thing is weapons, all seperated into groups depending on how they're used, like swinging, cutting, and stabbing weapons. My two favorite weapons I've made so far are the savage ax, a brutal weapon with curved spikes on the other side of the head, and the Bloody Merie, a claymore with a wicked hooked tip. Both of these weapons can cause targets to bleed, weakening them over time.

Finally, the baddies. Enemies vary from weak lizards who attack in groups, to Wearats with huge battleaxes and thick armor. The Higher your level is, the tougher enemies get. Some, though, you can't reach until a quest is completed. Others, however, must be defeated for a quest, like the one where you need to find the ring as said before.

All in all, I believe a Redwall game would be epic. Post anything that you think would be good in the game.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Shadow Assassin

I think it would an Awesome game, ive thought about this before and there are some videos of a guy making one on youtube.
But I dont think there should be gunpowder weapons.

Camaclue

Well, it is set when they were still new, so they don't appear often. And ammo can be expensive.

Shadow Assassin

Pippin

i like the idea, maybe you could develop it into some sort of role play

there is a game being made now by a fan, though its been put on hold for a second time recently.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Rakefur

I don't like the guns thing. I would say a first person shooter/melee would be better. With swords, spears, bows, slings, etc...
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Camaclue

Well, there would be a bunch of melee weapons, some bows, and slings. And crossbows. So many types of crossbows. Like one with a spear tip on the front to double as a spear and a small one that can be reloaded quickly.

Startail the Wise

I'm kinda divided on the gunpowder ting. For one I think it would make an interesting addition to the Redwall universe, but at the same time it's just kinda not Redwall.

Beyond that, a Redwall MMORPG could be interesting, but I'm not sure how well it would work. Redwall isn't about just killing and fighting, it's about a good story. If you could find a way to get the feel of the redwall word and make non-violent options available, that could be good. Unfortunately most people who play MMO's only care about getting to the next level.

On a side note, what would people think of a RTS? Maybe take control of the Long Patrol in an original story. 
Pray for Peace, Prepare for War.

Durza

A long Patrol RTS could work, and is more possible than and MMORPG.

However an MMORPG could have a flairbuyond the fighting.  Diplomacy to influence events, viraties of skills, etc.  so long as that takes a larger focus than the hack 'n slash path that so many MMOPRG's follow.  This might allow for the greater story focus than the level up.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Camaclue

Well, my idea was that you don't have to fight. You can take some other paths. You can be a trader, taking goods from place to place. Or even a farmer, growing food in peace. Of course, though, taking the farmer path is slow, but you can level up faster by cooking foods.

An idea I had, but put aside a bit was a story mode, that took place in one of the Redwall stories. Every book was separated into multiple parts, like a puzzle here and there, some cooking challenges that unlock new recipes, and battles that can get you weapons, clothing(that don't affect your character), and armor(that does affect your character).

Something else that may answer questions is that you can choose your species. The ones you can choose are mouse, shrew, mole, hare, squirrel, otter, hedgehog, badger, and vole. Each one has a special trait, like the badger having more health and the hare more stamina(helps for running). I was thinking about having factions(goodbeasts and  vermin), but I feel like it would make this a slash-n-kill kind of game. What do you guys think?

Rakefur

I like the story mode. Some thoughts:

Paths: Fighter, trader, monk, farmer. You get points, every time you attack someone you get a fighter point, etc...your path can change anytime as you put more effort into one path. It uses a system of + and-. When one path reaches a certain number of points above the other paths, you get a level up in that field.

Species: Four of each good beast and vermin. You will choose one at the start of the game. Probably hare/rat for fighting, shrew/weasel for trading, mouse/fox for monk, and mole/ferret for farming.

Factions: Redwallers, best for monks. Long Patrol Hares, best for fighters. And 2 others that I can't think of right now.

Durza

That opens up alot.

farmers association and merchants guild
Question Mark (?)

Rakefur

Yes thanks.

Did you see what I did with the species?

hare/rat for fighting (the fighting species duh)
shrew/weasel for trading (very tricky species...)
mouse/fox for monk (mice are very common at Redwall, also foxes are very superstitious, often fortune tellers.)
mole/ferret for farming (moles are diggers, and ferrets is from RWL :))

Camaclue

I wrote some ideas for the species' special traits.
Badgers/wildcats: more health than others
Hares/Stoats: Fast runners, so they have more stamina
Mice/rats: Cooks. They can make food to heal any badly injured ally
Shrews/weasels: Traders, they get stuff cheaper
Moles/Ferrets: crafts. They can build things using less items.
Squirrels/foxes: Can climb trees faster than normal beasts.
Otters: Can swim through rivers
Mongoose: Jack-of-all-trades. Only unlockable as an Easter egg after completing all the stories.

Durza

combine that with a reduced focus on fighting(not removed, reduced) and you have the beginning of a game.  The next part would be generating the basic coding(movement, bounding) while generating the images for static meshes(scenery) and characters.  After that is working you would focus on expanding the bounds of the world while searching for bugs.  Upon completion of that is is periodic updates adding constructing and adding different parts to the world until it is completed.  BOOM a redwall game
Question Mark (?)