Halloween!

Started by The Lady Shael, October 23, 2011, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

My sister and I are sharing the same costume this year since our Halloween parties are on different days, and it was just a really awesome costume.

Me as Chell from the video game Portal (with a cameo of my friend Mr. Post-it man):
http://i.imgur.com/KDHjz.jpg

My portal gun (made it an hour before the party out of a nerf gun and duct tape):
http://i.imgur.com/HBH2e.jpg

My dog, the Companion Cube:
http://i.imgur.com/k2Mjw.jpg

None of that will probably make sense unless you've played Portal (which is an awesome game).

So what are you guys gonna be for Halloween this year? :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Muse

Im handing out candy. And before anyone says it
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HALLOWEEN SPIRIT!
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Shadow Assassin

Rakefur

Hey neither do I. i think it's a stupid holiday. Not to mention it's possible roots in paganism.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Rakefur on October 23, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
Hey neither do I. i think it's a stupid holiday. Not to mention it's possible roots in paganism.
I agree

Muse

PAGAN! PAGAN! AAHHHHH! jk Youre right though.

Ashyra Nightwing

That's so cool. The dog <3

I'm going as Mystique from the X-Men cartoon, but I can't post a picture yet since my wig hasn't arrived and I don't want to waste a bottle of blue liquid latex doing a trial run :P
There's a lot of us going and it's all about the jumpsuits and Spandex. I will post pictures.

It's a Catholic thing, I always thought - the night before All Saints Day (the most holy day) is All Hallows' Eve, the last chance for the spirits to come out and play. That's what I was told when I was little.

Rakefur

hmm. I think it originated with the Druids.

The Lady Shael

Aww come on guys. Pagan or not, Halloween is just a holiday to have fun. It's the one day a year you can dress up as literally anything you want and not look crazy. Plus free candy! I'm 22 years old and I will never turn down free candy.

[edit] Awesome costume, Ashy!! Can't wait to see pics =D
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

Nice Shael
The companion pup is a adorable

I live down a longish unlit dirt driveway with a 90 degree bend in the middle (can't see house from road)...  yeah, don't get any trick-or-treaters
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Rakefur

Hey I don't have a problem with other people doing it.

Shadow Assassin

Im pretty sure it did.
Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 23, 2011, 07:45:40 PM
Aww come on guys. Pagan or not, Halloween is just a holiday to have fun. It's the one day a year you can dress up as literally anything you want and not look crazy. Plus free candy! I'm 22 years old and I will never turn down free candy.
It sucks in New Zealand anyway.

Muse

Im just glad you WEAR a COSTUME. I hate it when creepy teens or young adults ring and have nothing Halloweenish except a pillowcase.

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Muse on October 23, 2011, 07:48:48 PM
Im just glad you WEAR a COSTUME. I hate it when creepy teens or young adults ring and have nothing Halloweenish except a pillowcase.
The people her dont dress up they just look at you and ther faces just freak you out!

Muse

I know. They look like they want morethan candy if ya know what Ah mean.