The Toughest Leaderer

Started by Sevah, December 03, 2011, 06:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

Alot of you don't know exactly what defines the toughest leader. It's a balance of production, destruction and safety.  The best leaderer knows when he's in front on resources.

First aspect i'll explain is destruction cos it's your initial instinct for survival. Against rival leaderers the best mission you can utilize is poison. If your against quality opponents the opportunity to steal is rare. Poison can equal out you and a better enemy.  Reduce a leaderers ability by attacking them to low land. Most players don't know how to preserve their magic power so hitting them to 5k leaves them on about 900k leaders that don't reach 100 ratio when the player landgrabs.  Being certain that most days of the month the enemy does missions at less effectiveness than you

Second is production. Knowing the next best leaderer is gonna have less turns to produce with those semi crippled leaders you get the chance to maximize land and mission power. If you get all the land available in the game and people take their time to pry it from your warlord you can be reassured you choked the production capacity of the server and held yourself above the equilibrium. Your feasts are better than their feasts.
When you get hit low, use more turns stockpiling loyalty for a later date.

Most important aspect is safety. A legendary leaderer will budget themselves and have a storage plan. Overall they'll do missions at premium rates and hold low upkeep over most the month. Perhaps a team mate that can hold cash whenever a vulnerability is there or stocking food on the market til late in the round, sometimes massing loyalty for the last week so you don't get sacked much.
Every time a true leaderer runs turns they'll make sure that they can access enough land to have the highest leader count on the server. This can be compromised to a degree but not sacrificed regularly.
The idea is to know where everyone's at. If you know someone's banking cash, catch them out and steal that sh!t. Make sure you display the skills to make a return policy impossible.

Etc etc
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Rakefur

This would not be the toughest leaderer, but the most skilled.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Sevah

It's the toughest leaderer cos no one gets an espy unless they were on a good count and hit to an uber ratio, it makes the most cash food loyalty and has the foresight to trap an enemy

Kilkenne

Sevz, you should tell them what you told me when you turned my leader strategy into a force of unparalleled destruction. The bit about Loyalty and Net. I would post it, but not without permission.

Sevah

You've got full permission to explain things from you views bruv, I'll keep on topic so Shadow doesn't chirp in with mod flexing duties.

Toughest leaderer balances out production, efficiency, aggression and has the overview to foresee team movements or stockpiles.
Netcrushing is critical but it's pointless if you lack skills in Netgaining.

A simple way for everyone to try..

Attack everyone heavily. When you have as much land as possible and it's all built on huts get your health back to 90 ish on about 70-80 ratio. Come back 5 hours later, attack a few times, keep your eye on leaders to hut ratio and build asap.
Drop all defence and use mission feast or loot until you run dry on loyalty or turns.

Sevah

For this round it's forced clans so I figured I'd construct some more basic info for you all to adjust your skills to
wait for someone in the opposite clan to run, you gather up all the land, open attacks on the landfarm then build huts. Keep attacking everyone til they're at 10k. Once you get a bunch of leaders drop to ratio and loot/feast

Wolf Snare

Shadow   09:28:46 PM   Viewing the topic The Toughest Leaderer.

studying? :P
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

This will all be obsolete shortly.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Oh, I know, was just wondering why you were in here for so long lol. Nbd
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevah

Sounds like shadow knows the mechanics of the new game and has a plan to make things utter nonsense. I'm having a gamble that most people don't last long.
It'll be one sided and lenient towards teamwork :wink:

std.qmtpro.com

it's the place to be if ya don't have time for this. 3 or so days for sign ups :-\ For my tight people lets clan up

Shadow

Quote from: Sevah on January 27, 2012, 09:33:29 AM
Sounds like shadow knows the mechanics of the new game and has a plan to make things utter nonsense. I'm having a gamble that most people don't last long.
I'll actually be sitting the first couple of rounds out and answering questions to make sure everyone is up to speed before I play. Not that I am actually very good at it or anything, but it is only fair.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

Seems pointless for me to expand my explanations. Toughest leaderer these days get's aided lots of defence at the cheapest price. Strategy is now void for the one with most free stuff should win without questions

The Obliterator

Im still waiting for the day when i can become an indy emperor :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

If there was ever a time it's now.