Headquarters

Started by cloud, December 09, 2011, 11:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

As it stands this function is pretty much useless. It makes sense that once you reach a certain point free resources shouldn't be needed, but even just starting out the amount received is so minimal it's not even worth the time to click it.

I believe at 4mil nw (which is pretty hard to get much less than that) I received about $2mil and 500k food. This is generally not even enough to run 1 turn even at that low with minimal troops/leaders.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Dark Claws

Headquarters is more of a long term thing. If you just store the stuff in cluny's hut, you will eventually get some good amounts. It's more of a moral thing, that you get free stuff rather than just have to work for all of it.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Shadow

Yea, the amounts are a bit low. I am not entirely sure what equations govern them. Perhaps we'll take a look later. But you have to admit, it's really not priority ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

if it's 1% make it 10%, still wouldn't be much but you can double it later when ya figure that out
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Dark Claws

Good idea, maybe make it a huge amount available to smaller net worth's. Gives newbies a better chance.

Like an assistant

Briar

inb4:

But then older players will take advantage of the system blah blah blah
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Dark Claws

Good point. Make it unavailable to select people?

Like an assistant

The Lady Shael

The point of the headquarters page to throw the newbies a bone. They don't really know the amounts they're getting aren't a whole lot, and when you're first learning the game (and all your stuff is in the red), free resources sound awesome. The intent is that they come back to log in every day and click that button...so even if they had a bad run, they still gained something. Thus hopefully fostering addiction. :p This page has no strategical value which is why the amounts are low.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Dark Claws

True. I do like getting free stuff.

Like an assistant