Networth makeup

Started by Raggon, December 10, 2011, 05:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggon

I was wondering if there could be a pie graph option in the networth makeup page. It would make it a whole lot easier for me to tell what my strengths and weaknesses were, and what to improve. But there should still be an option to see the other version of the graph.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

cloud

or you could take 5 seconds to make your own pie graph with excel?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Raggon

I suppose, but my computer takes way longer than five seconds. More like three minutes.
I void warranties

windhound

Honestly not sure how useful it'd be

I did do a quick google search, pie charts are certainly doable in PHP (RWL's language of choice) but the pre-packaged code to make them is all rather large and unwieldy

Your networth isn't necessarily made up of things that make you 'strong' anyhow.  Cash is worth very, very little; Food is worth quite a bit; and Loyalty is worth nothing.  Troops and leaders are worth a bit, and a large loan will subtract a small amount of your net
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Raggon

I void warranties

Wolf Snare

speak for yourself
REG:

Cash   73.96%   199,926,023   Cash / 2625
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

Quote from: Wolf Snare on December 11, 2011, 10:07:58 PM
speak for yourself
REG:

Cash   73.96%   199,926,023   Cash / 2625

Remind me to steal from you later.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Shadow

on reg he is a rat with less than 199m net. I think he might be lying.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Vargarth

Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Peace Alliance

I would also rather a pie graph. It can be done in CSS quite easily... If I get a chance one day I'll do it.

Sharptooh

http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/charts/charts-pie.html?

Although not sure how difficult passing variables and such between PHP and JavaScript would be . . .

And using JavaScript isn't necessarily an ideal solution, but it is nonetheless a very easy one.

Sharptooh

I know I'm double posting but it's justified!

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 12, 2011, 06:54:34 PM
I would also rather a pie graph. It can be done in CSS quite easily... If I get a chance one day I'll do it.

WHAT!? HOW!!?!??!?

Peace Alliance

Wizard magic.

CSS is really quite awesome, I don't think people give it enough credit. The border-radius attribute can make a circle, then it's just a matter of adjusting that circle how you want it. I found an example somewhere but lost the link and don't have the time to go find it, heh.

Sharptooh

If you ever find the link I'd be uber appreciative if you could forward it on :) I've used border-radius before but never realised it could be manipulated in such a way to make a pie chart.

No doubt CSS is awesome, read an article a while back about making triangles and suchlike in CSS, not to mention sliding doors, if I didn't know better I'd think it were wizardry!