Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you prefer?

Light Meat
Dark Meat
I don't eat meat
Both
All of the Above

cloud

Chicken breast, fish, lean ground beef, steak, jerky. <----90% of my food consumption.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Neobaron

For every animal windy doesn't eat, I eat three.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

cloud

Quote from: Neobaron on December 13, 2011, 01:08:32 PM
For every animal windy doesn't eat, I eat three.

It's important for population control.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Sharptooh

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 13, 2011, 12:55:05 AM
Poor Wondy is our only veg.

I'm tempted to try and go vegetarian sometime, or at least cut down my meat consumption, I think eating meat more than 3 times a week is generally unsustainable.

Saying that I'd probably find it difficult, meat is too delicious!

cloud

Quote from: Sharptooh on December 13, 2011, 01:56:51 PM
I'm tempted to try and go vegetarian sometime, or at least cut down my meat consumption, I think eating meat more than 3 times a week is generally unsustainable.

Wow, you only eat meat 3 times a week? That would be impossible for me, but I need to consume at least 175g of protein/day. So I generally consume meat at least 3 times a day.
-Kilk

Briar

I try to eat more meat during the winter than the summer. I attempt to find alternatives during the summer like fruit/veggies/grains/etc.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

Quote from: cloud on December 13, 2011, 02:25:27 PM
Quote from: Sharptooh on December 13, 2011, 01:56:51 PM

Wow, you only eat meat 3 times a week? That would be impossible for me, but I need to consume at least 175g of protein/day. So I generally consume meat at least 3 times a day.
Nah we eat meat pretty much every day, just sharp thinks that it's unsustainable. ;)

I had meat for lunch and dinner the past two days.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Unsustainable by/for whom? Unsustainable on one's pocketbook if they don't have the money to buy so much meat mostly I'd think. And I guess if the standard of life keeps going up throughout the whole world, meat prices will probably rise to the point of ridiculousness. Generally you can peg a culture's affluence by the amount of meat in their diets past the hunting/gathering phase.

Also, in America people are generally obsessed with all white meat everything. It's exactly the opposite in Russia and a lot of Eastern Europe. They have a stigma against eating the white meat bits the same way that Americans have one against dark meat. The more you know.

Wolf Snare

How jacked are you nick? kilk, more recipes plz!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Kilkenne

There's a cooking thread in the GD that we had made that we should totally revive. I posted a recipe for beef wellington in there that Genevieve made. I also made her tart tatin recipe, it was good.

But I digress. Here's a chicken adobo recipe (I don't know what chicken adobo really is or what it means, apparently though that is what this is called)

You need:
chicken legs/thighs, a few pounds of them, don't know how this would turn out with breasts
dash of salt (little more than a dash tbh)
dash of  pepper (always grind your own pepper, no not grinding your own pepper)
about a quarter cup of soy sauce
3 cloves garlic
~1/4th an onion, diced
2 bay leaves
half or 3/4 a cup vinegar (white, not malt)
->Basically stuff that most kitchens have (except maybe bay leaves)

Anyhow, so basically what you're gonna do is put your chicken in a pot, where it will just hang out. A pot taller than it is round if possible.

Once your chicken is chilling at the bottom of the pot, throw in everything but the salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Literally everything else, and mix it around. Make sure to completely cover everything in this mixture.

Now you're going to toss your salt/pepper/bay leaves in, you're going to cover your pot, and you are literally just going to let it sit there for like two hours. Without cooking. Just let it hang out.

After you've done whatever it is that you do for two hours, go back to your pot, take the lid off, and heat it to boiling. After bringing it to a boil, cover it and simmer for ~45 minutes. Be careful that it doesn't burn (check on it). You can also throw in some chicken stock if you used a pot that's too big, but I rarely if ever do this.

Anyhow, it's a really easy to prepare asian chicken recipe. Generally the liquid boils down pretty far by the end, so it's more a sauce than a real liquid. I've seen people use less vinegar, I guess it really just depends on taste. Either way chicken legs/thighs are relatively cheap, so it's really cheap to screw up if you find out you don't like it much.

cloud

Quote from: Wolf Snare on December 13, 2011, 05:03:21 PM
How jacked are you nick? kilk, more recipes plz!

Not as jacked as I'd like to be. I was 200lbs (about 20% bodyfat), benching 325lbs, and eating about 3500 calories/day (250g of protein), but now I'm trying to drop down to 10% bodyfat and have cut my calories down to 2500/day. So I'm down to about 190lbs right now.
-Kilk

Wolf Snare

impressive bench. you squat?

add me on fb lol
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

cloud

Quote from: Wolf Snare on December 13, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
impressive bench. you squat?

add me on fb lol

Pm me your last name.

I don't squat much (225lbs for 10reps) because leg day is right after back day and I'm usually pretty sore, but I can leg press 1000lbs for 8 reps. Plus having huge legs makes it hard to run.
-Kilk

Dark Claws

Dark. Charcoal is the best flavor.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Briar

Putting a little carbon in your diet?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?