Clan Management Upgrades

Started by Sevah, December 23, 2011, 12:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

As the leader, assistant leader or minister of affairs it'd be good to have information available about your own clan.

I suggest that in the clan management page the people in charge can get espionages and army status's on their fellow clanmates. Whenever i'm teaching someone it's hard to know what they're doing or when to expect them. If I could check their turns, building structures and resources I could fill in the gaps for the clan to work tighter as a unit.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

I'd be for that as long as it is voluntary for clan members.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shadow Assassin

Sevah

Why would it be voluntary? Only the players in charge of the clan can check their clanmates stats. They can always leave the clan if they feel violated.

After that, you should get clan treasuries. Each clan can store cash food loyalty, clan members can access a percentage or the leader can shut off access

Shadow

That I would rather not do. I've played proms with treasuries, and they really do overpower clans. Since everyone here says clans are already overpowered, including you, I would rather not go that route.

Rakefur

Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Uiblis

I think this is a good idea as well. But you might wanna make it like sharing armies, so you can only see the other clanmates stats if they are also sharing their stats.

Forcing people to give their stats off wouldn't exactly be fair, if people don't really want to commit to a clan or are just temporarily creating/joining a clan to do a takedown or something.

If only the leader/assistant would be able to check stats, that also makes the feature useless for that leader/assistant who wants to share his or her own stats.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Sharptooh

Just going to echo everyone in saying that this is a great idea if it's an opt in thing for clan members, for reasons that have mostly already been stated

Sevah

small storehouse would save heaps of dramas for the clans. Obviously don't have it flooded but 25b cash and 2.5b food per member, 50m loyalty. Less in reg, the only advantage of clanning apart from war is race abuse.

Also, to teach a n00b it's heaps easier to know what they're doing rather than ask and getting answers too late. Coulda given plenty more players a better taste of the game if I had the clan leader espy function.

Dark Claws

Maybe have a little storehouse that get's its stuff from either donations or the leader taxing the other players. Assistant can have the power to veto taxes and a diplomat decides what percent gets sent to allies.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Shadow

so clans are too powerful and aiding people up is too strong but you want a storehouse

Dark Claws

I never said anything about clans being overpowered. nor have I complained about it.

Like an assistant

Shadow

Dark Claws

Like an assistant

Shadow

have you guys ever played at a prom with a clan storehouse? It doesn't add much, just makes it easier for clans to aid things around, which is already pretty easy. It also gives people a way to store away net that can't be touched by anyone else.

There are a few scenarios where I could see it working, but all of them are needlessly complicated.

That being said, it may be that the new dynamics make it something that could work in 3.0, in which case we can revisit it, but I don't think it is a good idea for RWL 2.x