Turbo Round 53 Immortalization

Started by The Lady Shael, December 28, 2011, 09:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

Should have used all that loyalty sooner.  Oh well, learning was done.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sharptooh

Well done Sevz et al, know you worked hard for this one.

Congrats to both Volkov and Dandin, both fine indiers who worked hard to get us to where we ended up, shame Vulpes didn't log on in the last few days or he could have probably boosted us into second.

Thanks also to Briar and her clan, a fair bit of our finishing networth belonged to them.

Looking forward to this round :) hopefully it'll be less . . . confrontational than the last!

Shadow

Hopefully it will be MORE confrontational but less whiny ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Briar

I think the last few rounds have been "whiny"
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Alazar is Back

Top ten the first round back, I wasnt really around for the last few days of the round either, thanks shadow and shael for fixing up the mercs/market.

Anddddd good job team!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

merc bug still seems to be there, actually. The fix was a partial success ^_^ But the size of the market increased, and that should be fixed soon.

Sevah

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 30, 2011, 01:44:34 AM
Quote from: Sevah3 drinks and you passed out.

Dude, I am 6'6", 285lbs, (198.19 cm, 130 kilos for those of you who think in metric) Neo can confirm. I don't even feel 3 drinks. LOL. Even if I didn't have a high alcohol tolerance, my body mass alone would mean it takes a lot to get me drunk.

QuoteCall me a nerd to my face and count the seconds til you fall

Nerd, and internet tough guy. LOL. Don't take it so personally Sevz.

I'll admit you are bigger than me but i'm still a 6ft ninja so you'd be no match for my lightning quick reflexes.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Alazar is Back

Volkov I would love to have a friendly drinking contest against you! How much do you put away in a good night? Number of beers? Approximately how many liters of a standard alcoholic bottle(70 or 80 proof)?

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI'll admit you are bigger than me but i'm still a 6ft ninja so you'd be no match for my lightning quick reflexes.

LOL. OK Sevz. I'm not even going to play this game.

QuoteVolkov I would love to have a friendly drinking contest against you! How much do you put away in a good night? Number of beers? Approximately how many liters of a standard alcoholic bottle(70 or 80 proof)?

A good night being defined as what here? Getting totally hammered? Getting a nice buzz? Depends on what I'm drinking and how fast I do it, and what time period we are talking about. During college, I was more or less a high-functioning alcoholic, my alcohol tolerance was ridiculous. Nowadays I drink less, because drinking and work don't mix well. LOL. I just don't really know, to be honest Ally. Counting drinks is something I did when I was younger. These days I just finish my drink, and get another. Unless I do all my drinking at one place, I don't bother to add them up. I do remember the last time I got hammered, I was doing shots of Bacardi 151, and then later Captain Morgan's. The Captain's was 80 proof. I drank about half a pint of the 151 and about half a 750 mL bottle of the Captain's, in about a 2 hour period. I was actually basically OK after the 151, it was the Captain's that did me in. LOL.

PS. 70 proof alcohols are for wusses. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Quote from: Shadow on December 30, 2011, 08:58:17 PM
merc bug still seems to be there, actually. The fix was a partial success ^_^ But the size of the market increased, and that should be fixed soon.

Ignore this, the fix worked fine. The merc sell button appears after your goods have been on the market for 48 hours.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 31, 2011, 05:17:36 AM
A good night being defined as what here? Getting totally hammered? Getting a nice buzz? Depends on what I'm drinking and how fast I do it, and what time period we are talking about. During college, I was more or less a high-functioning alcoholic, my alcohol tolerance was ridiculous. Nowadays I drink less, because drinking and work don't mix well. LOL. I just don't really know, to be honest Ally. Counting drinks is something I did when I was younger. These days I just finish my drink, and get another. Unless I do all my drinking at one place, I don't bother to add them up. I do remember the last time I got hammered, I was doing shots of Bacardi 151, and then later Captain Morgan's. The Captain's was 80 proof. I drank about half a pint of the 151 and about half a 750 mL bottle of the Captain's, in about a 2 hour period. I was actually basically OK after the 151, it was the Captain's that did me in. LOL.

PS. 70 proof alcohols are for wusses. LOL.

Nottttt tooo shabby! I can consistently put away a liter in a couple of hours, and if i drink for like 5 hours usually at least my 1.75liter of Captain(my usual drink of choice).

Kilkenne

If you aren't a giant like Volkov, I'm not sure that putting away a handle of anything in 5 hours is an accomplishment. You would be mathematically comatose. And if you weren't you are/were probably a dysfunctional, stumbling drunk. I hope your friends took you to the hospital. Anyone around (especially Volkov) can tell you that I end up drunk often enough, but I think you cross the line into ~problem territory~ when you're dropping liters of liquor like nothing.

Then again you could all be huge freaking dudes like Genny V.

Alazar is Back

I am about 6 foot, and i generally run 225lbs for weight, so no, not a giant like volky. And yes of course after putting that much liquor away I am a blubbering idiot. I usually keep it to about a liter a night. haha

Gen. Volkov

Ally, that's still A LOT of liquor. Your body can only metabolize so much alcohol. About an ounce every 60 minutes. A liter is 33 ounces, and if you are downing a liter of alcohol in 2 hours, that's 11 ounces or so of pure alcohol that your body is not metabolizing. That is very close to a lethal amount of alcohol, about a .42 BAC, and .50 is generally considered to be lethal. I can see you polishing off a liter in say, a whole nights drinking, especially if you are sharing it with friends, but a liter by yourself in 2 hours? You would be in a coma. So I'm not buying it. But it does sound like you are getting just absolutely stupid on a nightly basis, and like Kilk said, that is not good. Kilk does drink a lot, but nowhere near that much.

I could put away a liter of alcohol in 2 hours and not go into a coma, but I'd be hammered, about a .26 BAC. Might be fun getting there, but I would not enjoy the horrible hangover the next morning.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rakefur

I love where this is going. Anyone else, it would be in spa by now.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012