3 (14.3%)
I don't know and I don't care
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 05, 2012, 10:31:41 AM

The Masked Wolf

yep...and they failed
Quote from: cloud on February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Let's go, say that to mah face...5 words: I don't give a crap! >:

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThe Giants may have won but Brady was the better QB overall. (yes I acknowledge all you naysayers who will point to the safety, statement still stands)

That's great for him. He is now Peyton Manning. Better QB who loses to a better overall team. Bill Belichick and the Pats front office decided to dismantle their superbowl-winning defense one offseason. Let a bunch of good, but aging defensive players go on free agency, and tried to rebuild on the fly in the draft. That was 6 years ago, and they were pretty terrible. The next season, they got a bunch of offensive firepower, in the form of Wes Welker, Randy Moss, etc. and basically tried to be the Indianapolis Colts. That was 5 years ago. The next year they went 18-0 but lost the Superbowl to the Giants, because the Giants had a defense and the Pats did not. Since then they have somewhat replaced the Colts as the team that almost wins it all, but doesn't quite succeed, because they still lack a defense. Like the Colts, they have a good QB and all kinds of offensive firepower, but they don't have the formula that won them 3 Superbowls in 4 years anymore, which was a decent offense and great defense. The reason it works a bit better for the Colts is mostly just because Manning is that good. Though the Colts upgrading their defense a bit in 2006 is probably part of the reason they beat the Bears. Basically, what I'm saying is, in the regular season you can win a lot of games with a high-powered offense, but the recipe for a Superbowl win is a great defense and a decent to good offense.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Dark Claws

True. The Pats have a lot of offensive firepower. Really, if they had a decent defense, it would've been better. Their offense was great, they just had a key player injured. Their defense is same old, same bad. They were winning a lot this year because of that offensive firepower carrying them to the goal line. When one of their best cannons was injured, they had trouble recuperating. It really annoys me that Brady won't be a SuperBowl MVP just because his team didn't win. He played better overall. 
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Gen. Volkov

Not that much better, Manning had a pretty good day too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Briar

I think I heard the announcer say the the Pats had the 32nd or 23rd worst defense. So yea, there is only so much a team can do with that.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Dark Claws

30th best defense. Which makes them officially terrible.
And they still managed to sack Manning more than they sacked Brady.

Like an assistant

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAnd they still managed to sack Manning more than they sacked Brady.

They had more knockdowns on Brady than the Pats had on Manning. Pats also had pretty much no running game. The Giants defense dominated.

Firetooth

Pah, African cup of nations is where it's at. Zambia vs Ivory Coast!!!!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuotePah, African cup of nations is where it's at. Zambia vs Ivory Coast!!!!

Get your kickball out my football thread.  :P

Firetooth

Get your ballthrow away from my football post. :P
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

No no, see, it is football, not throwball, because everything in football comes down to footwork. QB has to plant his feet right to pass the ball well, WR needs good control of his foot motion to catch the ball inbounds. Everyone who carries the ball needs to be able to move very well on their feet, and juke other players off their feet. Football is all about how you move your feet in relation to the ball. Soccer, on the other hand, is about kicking a ball up and down a field. It's kickball. Footwork plays a role, but in the end it's all about kicking the ball.  ;)

Firetooth

Yeah well...err...go play your game of football where you throw the ball! Ha.

Dark Claws

Then what's kickball?

Like an assistant

Gen. Volkov

QuoteYeah well...err...go play your game of football where you throw the ball! Ha.

LOL. I will. Enjoy your kickball.

Darkclaws, kickball, as you know the term, is baseball with a bigger ball and no bat. It's kickbaseball.

Dark Claws

Like an assistant