RWL at its Best

Started by Peace Alliance, February 02, 2012, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

(skip to the bold if you want to avoid my ramblings and get straight to the point)

Every now and then a wave of nostalgia crosses over me. RWL is awesome. I've been here since 2003, which makes this one of my longest, least neglected hobbies. Until just recently the game had grown into somewhat of a ritual for me. But the community is always growing and changing.

RWL fills a space in my life. It is the reason I don't feel the urge to blog or tweet. Why would I seek the attention of the world en mass when I have a collection of great people right here who are already vaguely interested in what I have to say!

One thing that has always impressed me about RWL is how sheltered it is from other influences on the internet. Sure, we have indulged in memes, and all different types of culture have pervaded these forums, but none have overcome the RWL spirit. Therefor I propose that we attempt to summarize the spirit of these forums with a collection of topics that show it well.

I'll get the ball rolling:

I pick the recent Hello! topic, which was so overwhelmingly welcoming I worried Daniel would never make a second post (and thus bum out half the forum).

Rakefur

I pick Last Word.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

The Lady Shael

....and this just might be a topic that will get me addicted to RWL again.

Here's my list (in progress):

*relaxes in the spa* - I had to resurrect this from the trash bin....not sure if I want to ask why....anyways, re-reading the first page of this topic gets me every time. And now it's become a staple Spa Room topic :)

Turbo Round 45 Admin Awards - this had to be one of my favorite Turbo rounds of all time. This was right around the time my addiction to RWL was approaching ridiculous levels. I just remember watching everyone play and feeling proud of everyone. :3

Pony Avatar Week - needs no further explanation

April fools jokes over the years - no "Best of RWL" topic is complete without this

and drumroll.....an undeniably classic RWL gem:

boat food
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

boat food is literally the best thread that has ever happened

Shadow

confirming: boat food > all threads
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..