loyalty cost of buffs?

Started by Sharptooh, February 13, 2012, 04:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

I just had a disatrous run where I spent about 100 turns using the industrial buff, and 14k barracks, when I had my troop training percentages set to 0%  >.<

Is it an ok idea to make it so that the loyalty cost is times by the percentage of troop training you have?

e.g.

loyalty cost = currently loyalty cost * ((all troop traning %'s added together)/100)

that way it's obvious when you've not set your percentages, and it might be nice if you happen to need to go less than 100% (for whatever reason) but still wish to use the buff?

Shadow

they are not all troop training related, though - worker buff is not.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

It would be better if we just make troop training settings UI better using AJAX sliding thingy's.

http://www.asp.net/ajaxLibrary/AjaxControlToolkitSampleSite/Slider/Slider.aspx

Which is how I want to set up tax rate and food/loot too

Durza

That would be a nice feature, as long as you can use input boxes as well
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

cloud

Sounds like Sharptooth is just making excuses for his poor run.

Here let me try:

Shadow, please make an "overdraft" option for Cluny's hut when I accidently spend turns without cash forcing my troops/workers/leaders to leave. I feel that since I'm not capable of remembering to withdraw funds from my savings account that the code should protect me.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

cloud

Shadow, I was serious about the overdraft protection.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Shadow

You mean have the game automatically withdraw from savings/loan when you run out of cash?

It's a neat idea, but I don't think I know how to do that... I'll poke Shael if she comes around in the near future.

cloud

It should be pretty easy to code. It's been awhile since I've done programming, but add in a strain somewhere that just removes the money straight from cluny's hut (unless of course the money in cluny's hut is not coded the same way as cash). Like "If cash=0 withdraw Cluny'sHut" I know that's terribly wrong, but yea...
-Kilk

Shadow

Heh. I'll take a peak and see what it looks like. The pseudocode is easy to write, but the actual code is trickier because of how the game actually handles turn overdraft.

Shadow

You're right actually, it was easy. It will go in next round.

cloud

Quote from: Shadow on February 18, 2012, 07:49:32 PM
You're right actually, it was easy. It will go in next round.

Good to hear.
-Kilk