RWL is moving hosts

Started by Peace Alliance, February 14, 2012, 04:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abartell

All i know is that this is outdated its getting updated to a new server, and it may be down for up to a day am i right because everyone always says that the younger players and noobs get confused a lot because we are only in algebra 1 and 7th grade science *sobs quietly*
I'm really a squirrel but don't tell any one

Shadow

That sentence covers three completely unrelated topics without any punctuation in between. I am impressed.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Neobaron

Will the new forums have a rep system or like... a like button?
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Durza

Very true.  abartell not all noobs are that low some of us(myself) started in high school junior year.  
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Neobaron

Apparently they are capable of communicating with one another in some kind of odd age-specific dialect.

Fascinating.

Shadow

Quote from: Neobaron on February 14, 2012, 08:31:45 PM
Will the new forums have a rep system or like... a like button?
Technically these forums have a rep system (karma) but it is turned off. Not sure how beneficial it would be for a small community like this.

Neobaron

Shadow

Might be fun to try, heh. No promises; I have no strong feelings either way.

Anyway, moving hosts is awesome, bluehost is the worst. A writhing cauldron of Kilkennes. Here's hoping the new one is better :)

abartell

good old lord bloodwrath to be completely misunderstanding but still being partially true

Peace Alliance

We used the karma system once, I din't think we liked it. I think there is prolly an addin for 'likes'

abartell

i'm sorry can someone put what is going on in "noob" form, i am used to noob language

Genevieve

There might be some times over the next week where you won't be able to access redwallwarlords.com

It's in bold in the first post.

Rakefur

YES! Finally.

I love it's little catchphrase: Homegrown Hosting. LOL
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

windhound

abartell, think of it as a car engine swap.
Our current engine (bluehost) fails at random intervals, has some old outdated parts, and is overall just kinda sucky.
Our new engine (ASO) promises to be a little better, and the mechanics working on the car will be happier as it uses newer, more standard parts.

Inorder to swap the engine the car has to go into the shop.  Inorder to get to the shop we're waiting on a tow truck, and the towtruck driver is taking lessons from Comcast and promises to be out within 7 days at some unspecified time.

After the engine swap the car will look the exact same: same sunfaded body, plush interior with ducttape holding up the rear view mirror, and gorilla glue holding the dash together.  Even the radio presets will be saved (read: all user data is being migrated, forum and game).  Its just that it'll run a little better.

lol. 
Not the most perfect of analogies, but hey.
tl:dr - RWL will go down within the next week, if you weren't told you'd just assume the server had choked again.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Quote from: windhound on February 15, 2012, 10:35:35 AM
abartell, think of it as a car engine swap.
Our current engine (bluehost) fails at random intervals, has some old outdated parts, and is overall just kinda sucky.
Our new engine (ASO) promises to be a little better, and the mechanics working on the car will be happier as it uses newer, more standard parts.

Inorder to swap the engine the car has to go into the shop.  Inorder to get to the shop we're waiting on a tow truck, and the towtruck driver is taking lessons from Comcast and promises to be out within 7 days at some unspecified time.

After the engine swap the car will look the exact same: same sunfaded body, plush interior with ducttape holding up the rear view mirror, and gorilla glue holding the dash together.  Even the radio presets will be saved (read: all user data is being migrated, forum and game).  Its just that it'll run a little better.

lol. 
Not the most perfect of analogies, but hey.
tl:dr - RWL will go down within the next week, if you weren't told you'd just assume the server had choked again.
This is a pretty great post