Land Lock Brocken

Started by The Obliterator, March 23, 2012, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

There you go peoples.

Land lock has been broken. Have at it and try not to let them get it back so easily this time.

Next time i think ill try earlier though. I attacked with 67 mil weasels and apparently it was overkill. You can break with around 20-30 mil weasels.

Keep the land flowing.

Enjoy! (while it lasts)
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Sevah

Eh, I'm bored of this game. The dynamics are rigged and everything is pointless. The land is easier to lock than break so I could either grab it back now since i'm on full turns or just click the X and go watch a movie.
I reckon I'll jus go watch a movie and come back tomorow when everyone's used the land. Make the most of it while it lasts. I got a few weasels to fix that hole that oblit left

Turns   550 (max 550)
Turns Stored   150 (max 150)
Rats   127,281,473
Weasels   19,159,031
Stoats   46,814,894
Skiffs   23,215,085
Leaders   8,391,810

Have at it. Go for it monkeys  ;)
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

If you don't like the game, be constructive or don't play it. If you choose to play but have nothing constructive to say, then keep quiet. I'm thoroughly sick of your whining.

Incidentally, nice job unlocking land over the last week or so to all involved. I am happy to see that it was done more or less without the leader missions, which means that they are largely superfluous. Though I would like to add more options for net destruction, since it is hard to kill off net effectively atm. Would love to hear ideas (once you all see how the finalized attack system looks next round).
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

I think the way it is not is fine.

Murders and then standarding works very well although you have to devote quite a bit of time and about half a run to it.
Thats fine i dont think there should be many more powerful ways to destroy net. It should have to be hard. At least harder than murder was.

Also a question how much cash and food does steal take now. It was used on me recently and it seemed a bit op :(

P.S. Thanks for buying all those weasels sevz its gonna help me fund my next run :D

Shadow

yea, steal is OP atm - net round I split it into two spells, one for cash and one for food, and tweaked it other ways too (details in a few days). Should even it out.

The Obliterator

Im talking about the amount of cash it takes. Food is on the low side. But i had about 20 bil cash with defenses up and they were stealing about 1bil cash a steal. Which is quite a bit.

Shadow

same as it always was, and food is the same percentage as cash taken

Peace Alliance

The difference is just that now 1b cash is a lot, before it would have never been worth the effort if defenses were raised.

Either way it'll be a wee bit more balanced next round, and really people aren't meant to be able to stockpile cash safely

The Obliterator

Im not trying to stockpile just hold enough for my next run.

But im glad its being looked at and im sure it'll be great next round.

P.S. i think a clan storage round would work great with 3.0 hint hint nudge nudge :D

Shadow

clan storage is definitely in the ideas shed, but I need shael to make the framework for me, I think.

Sevah

The game is dodgy cos you don't listen Shadow. You think you know best but you don't know best so deal with the reputation of being an idiot cos you deserve recognition.

The Obliterator

Sevz i along with a lot of other people are getting a bit fed up with your complaining. Im not saying that the other side hasn't been doing some of the same as well but you are one of the main people who does it. Shadow, as much as he would like to be one, is not a god. He is not omnipotent. He has a real life as well and he cannot spend every waking hour on the game. I think he has done a great job of coding 3.0 and he has put a lot of time and effort into it. And i know for a fact that when i have an issue and bring it up on the forums it is answered very quickly. Just try to appreciate what shadow has done for a bit before you complain again.

Now that iv had my rant lets get back to playing.

Sevah

Oblit, try remember that i've been playing promisance codes a lot longer than shadow has. The way he codes things starts from a poor mentality and he's trashing rwl without any accountability for the bad things and seeking praise for the few goods. Cos you all like him you just believe he's right and I'm the idiot who won't leave the admins alone.

Take notes of the time's I've said nothing and just played the game. It's very easy for a clan to dominate if they had the right attitude. If it weren't for me you'd all see how 1 clan can outmatch the game with a weak strategy then Shadow would nurf that strategy leaving everyone in more turmoil than present.

I'd rather let it be known that the game is gonna be beta for many years at this rate. I'll be fine, I can adjust my strategy to be very successful but I have utter pity for the people who aren't aware of what's going on. A great player can be gone for 1 important day and lose chance of competing for first but on the other hand that great player can sign up with only a few days to go and WIN depending on the actions the players take over the course of the round. Soon you'll see the repercussions whether i'm ignored or not

Gen. Volkov

Sevah, you still have yet to suggest anything concrete.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Obliterator

Im not saying that all your knowledge is null and void. You are a great player and im not gonna take that away from you.

I would welcome ideas that would make the game better so share them with us. Then we can discuss and work through it. I would love for that to happen rather then log onto the forums to see 5 new messages just to tell us that shadow is doing a horrible job. He is doing the best that he can and no im not siding with him, even i have my differences with him sometimes, i just want to see this pointless complaining stop.

The development page has been quiet for far too long. Just go there start a topic and flood us with ideas so we can discuss and then we can finally get somewhere.