Land Lock Brocken

Started by The Obliterator, March 23, 2012, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

Hitlimit should be at 32 in these dynamics.
Race mods need to be curved and mostly within +20 and -20
Market tax is absolute rubbish and very abusable. Storage capacity and changing prices is very abusable.
Mercenaries sale price is absolute peril
Stored turns should release at 2 instead of 5
Attacking losses are too high and very abusable.
1 active landlocker will drain a server that no one else defends
clans that intelligently use the race modifiers can individually be 50x more powerful than they deserve
Clan sharing should be 25% tops.
etc etc

Implementing changes must be thought of before they're made. Prevention is better than cure.
You all don't listen to me when i'm in the bottom spot because you know better and you're doing fine. When I'm in top spot you remain ignorant and in disbelief that I'm just a man like you are just a man so you'd rather mess me up. Many discredit me for thinking smarts. Nitpick all my flaws and declare I cheat or got helped if you can't do nothin in the game to stop me

The reality is that you are all at competition with me and hold a biased opinion. Your opinion. We are at war on the scoreboard but you all don't need to be at war with my ideas. The difference would be staggering to how much the game would advance by simply listening to the guy in top spot cos maybe it isn't an accident. I've shown the capability to completely dominate redwall 3.0 at will. Sure things could go a little better for all of us but that's life. I've done better than most you put together when I rub it in.
Someone start up a poll for Shael to return to the throne.
I'm done arguing with idiots about everything I say cos they bring you down to their level and beat ya with experience.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

The Obliterator

Copied the ideas to a topic in development and added some ideas of my own.

Lets get the ball rolling
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

As you requested, Sevs, I have noted when you are not criticizing us about game changes. Those times are when you're boasting about your own success. Oddly enough the change in your attitude always directly correlates to when you start getting your butt kicked ingame.

You are, therefor, a sore loser. Nothing more

The Obliterator

Peace can we look to some more positive thinking now.

I was able to have a very amiable conversation with sevz today online about this so im sure we can stop the pointless arguments.
Provoking him is not gonna do any good except keep this going much longer than it should have already gone for.
It takes two to fight....

Oblit (lol just realised that i spelt the name of the topic wrong)  :-\

P.S. there is a new topic in the development section that you could add to

Peace Alliance

There isn't really an argument here, I don't often engage in those with sevs.

I do, however, speak the truth. This isn't provocation, sevs is an adult and should be able to handle frank honesty. Isn't that what you Aussies are known for?

The Obliterator

I would say its borderline....still i didn't really see a point to posting it.

As for what aussies are known for. Have you heard of steryotypes. We are only human and we differ one from the other quite a bit :D

Sevah

Australia is a multicultural country, there is no typical Australian

You don't talk the truth Peace Alliance. You talk to please yourself and reassure yourself that you are always right. You and kyle both have something to hide which is why you run by the name Hidden Fox and he runs by the name Shadow.

I've dominated this whole round and still have a heap of cash to win so don't call me a sore loser. I agreed with Oblit that I'd leave the land open today. Yesterday I didn't even bother to run and it would of been nail in the coffin.
This is beta.

Peace Alliance

Most folks know that Sevs isn't to be taken seriously - but I know Oblit hasn't been around much lately, so I will clear up a few things.

1. Of course I know what stereotypes are, I wasn't being serious, and that should have been obvious.
2. Telling Sevs about the real world always terrifies him. There is a reason he hires people to attack a passive player.
3. Sevs locked up land for less then a week, with the help of 7 players. As soon as he supposedly lost the support of those players he plummeted. But I don't intend to imply that he is a bad player - he is good at this game, but his boasting misrepresents his actions.

Sevah

Quote from: Peace Alliance on March 24, 2012, 01:11:33 PM
Telling Sevs about the real world always terrifies him. There is a reason he hires people to attack a passive player.
More like it's because your a jerk and it's cheaper for me to pay someone else to smash you than encounter shame losses for attacking such a weak punk.

Refraining from offensive actions does not make you passive. Your a lying scumbag that lies to yourself so much you believe it. It's a coping mechanism for all lazy people who aren't accountable for themselves. I see it all the time. Easier to just blame someone else

How am I afraid of the real world? Last time you and shadow started running your mouths I said I would jump on a plane and fight you both 2 on 1. A sanctioned fight in a ring with a professional ref.
Now your telling people not to take me serious? What you think that because you're behind a keyboard you can get away with being a dog?
I'm wishing bad karma on you aye. One day we'll meet in a dark alley.

Shadow

QuoteHow am I afraid of the real world? Last time you and shadow started running your mouths I said I would jump on a plane and fight you both 2 on 1. A sanctioned fight in a ring with a professional ref.
Now your telling people not to take me serious?
While this post is also hilariously unintentionally ironic...

QuoteWhat you think that because you're behind a keyboard you can get away with being a dog?
RL threats have no place on this board and will result in banning (note that I didn't say gagging).

Shadow
Modding
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

Quote from: Shadow on March 24, 2012, 02:09:34 PM
While this post is also hilariously unintentionally ironic...

QuoteWhat you think that because you're behind a keyboard you can get away with being a dog?
RL threats have no place on this board and will result in banning (note that I didn't say gagging).

Shadow
Modding

:D
What part of it was a threat?
There was an offer a statement and a firm belief of speculation

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHitlimit should be at 32 in these dynamics.
Race mods need to be curved and mostly within +20 and -20
Market tax is absolute rubbish and very abusable. Storage capacity and changing prices is very abusable.
Mercenaries sale price is absolute peril
Stored turns should release at 2 instead of 5
Attacking losses are too high and very abusable.
1 active landlocker will drain a server that no one else defends
clans that intelligently use the race modifiers can individually be 50x more powerful than they deserve
Clan sharing should be 25% tops.

These are at least concrete suggestions, and the first one has merit. The second is how the race mods already are, I believe. The rest seem to be a laundry list of things you don't like and you think would help you dominate the game more. So we don't generally listen to them.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Yeah one thing I noticed from his dev topic is that most of his beefs are because there is both an up and a downside to things. Basically, he's mad because the game is balanced.

Shadow

The game is pretty far from balanced ^_^

It's just that most of the suggestions wouldn't actually help that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

Quote from: Shadow on March 25, 2012, 08:54:33 AM
The game is pretty far from balanced ^_^

It's just that most of the suggestions wouldn't actually help that.

One thing leads to another. It's hard to tell you to change part 2 when part 1 isn't solved.
It's rude to point.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.