3 - Iffy, but there's a path
14 (66.7%)
4 - Nothin on the floor
5 (23.8%)
5 - Perfect
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Ashyra Nightwing

Just cleaned my room and am now starting college work. I always clean my room before I start a new thing/essay/project/whatever. Just having a tidy room makes work so much more pleasant. (also cleaning is a great way to procrastinate!)

Shadow

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on March 20, 2012, 02:25:28 PM
Just cleaned my room and am now starting college work. I always clean my room before I start a new thing/essay/project/whatever. Just having a tidy room makes work so much more pleasant. (also cleaning is a great way to procrastinate!)

This is what my cycle is based on too
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

My rooms organised and practical. Not heaps of space but enough for 1 task at a time so I don't mind throwing things out if they're in the way. Main concerns are hygiene and presentation.
Clustered house clusters the mind so don't let it get too bad or you'll eventually live lonely and sick in a junkyard for not caring about what truly matters in life around you.
Hoarding old junk is burdening. Do the right thing by yourself starting from your room. Simplify and expand in a more positive way. They say cleanliness attracts wealth.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow Assassin

What does a empty house mean?

Peace Alliance

I recall a study I read a while back where they theorized that cluttered people were actually professionally more successful. My family has always been very messy. Not dirty, or unhygienic, but always cluttered. My wife is like this too (thankfully). We clean things up in bursts... but for the most part, things go where they fall, and I'm OK with that. I think the entire concept of having this pristine, organized home is a social construct. It is, ultimately, a distraction from the important things in life.

Sevah

Depends on the reasons why it's empty. If it's deliberate then it means the housekeeper is either advanced past material possessions or completely scared to risk obtaining or losing self value.
Many people waste all their opportunities blame everything else and make excuses for their own failure so often that they're more comfortable slowly suffering than admit to being wrong and use the knowledge for bettering their life. Usually pointing this out to them doesn't work it makes things worse. Try a monkey see monkey do theory.

We're all a subject of our environment. If you get attached to the past you'll end up with old stuff accumulating until you learn to let things go and return to scratch where as if you create and live to your own style you'll achieve a healthy balanced environment and control your own life from a younger age. Parents are the dumbest for trying to breed their children to be in their likeness under the dynamics of someone else's authority.
How can you be like the authority if the authority is in charge and not taking orders?
It doesn't work much like the police system. Authority equals hurdles for the poor. One's who think they're better controlling others because it appears society these days lacks awareness. Gotta wake people up without punishment
You are not your parents and don't need to comply with their rules. They need to comply with your rules as long as you aren't doing the wrong thing by yourself and others. Keep your room the tidiest but for envy purpose not to make people jealous. It'll motivate other aspects of the day to day.
If you can't be bothered cleaning then do some heavy exercise for a few minutes as motivation. If you can jump in the air and do a 360 double heelclick you can pick up some ugly rubbish and put it in a bin. No one can stop ya cept yourself. Once we all understand that we control our own actions right now our skills at everything advance more rapidly.

People with heaps of stuff go crazy and sad cos they're trapped and do nothing, people with nothing end up learning to live a fulfilling life in their surroundings and people who start in the middle learn to rule the world. Rob the upperclass and enslave the lower class. Learn from the last mans mistakes rather than make them yourself. Bit by bit think positive and it will come.
Quote from: Peace Alliance on March 21, 2012, 10:47:47 PM
I recall a study I read a while back where they theorized that cluttered people were actually professionally more successful. My family has always been very messy. Not dirty, or unhygienic, but always cluttered. My wife is like this too (thankfully). We clean things up in bursts... but for the most part, things go where they fall, and I'm OK with that. I think the entire concept of having this pristine, organized home is a social construct. It is, ultimately, a distraction from the important things in life.

To a degree this is true but too much will stress and depress people out of going to work especially if they've had something they loved stolen. General laziness around the home will eventually catch up and have negative effects.

windhound

"Depends on the reasons why its empty.  If it's deliberate [...]"
Or they're just broke.  
They bought a larger house than they could afford and so have either sold off or not had money to buy anything else.  Happens occasionally - esp. in some of the larger, more upscale neighborhoods.
Its true that you don't need ~stuff~ to be happy, but in general if you have a hobby, things you like to do, you have ~stuff~.  Maybe not a big TV, but a bookshelf.  Maybe not the standard livingroom furnishings, but a workbench and tools.
In anycase, an empty house is rarely a good thing.  The person is either broke, braindead, or boring.  

Your recent posts kinda go downhill after the first couple sentences don't they Sevz?
Where'd the authority thing come from?  
And where do you get the idea that most people shut down after a loss?  
If you live in an area where you can't buy anything without the fear of it being stolen, consider moving.  Believe it or not, there are still places in the world where people can leave their doors unlocked and their sheds open without fear.
If you get incredibly attached to an item, such that it would cripple you if it went missing, get over it.  That's not healthy, things are things.  And most things are replaceable (people and animals are not, however).  

Anyways.  
I can see the appeal of a perfectly organized room, but not enough to go through the effort to make it happen.  I range between a 3 and a 4 on the scale.
So +1 Ollie.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Windy the monk! Much wisdom is gained when your house burns down: that much, at least, provides solace.

Pippin

got a few things on the floor but thats cause i cant be bothered to put it anywhere else

a clean room or a messy room i cant see it affecting my life a great deal to be honest
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Sevah

It's easier to clean a room that's been maintained and not clustered, you'll see the problems rather than neglect them and fall behind.
I live in a safe place now, no one's stolen from me since I moved last and last place I lived was a ghetto. Now i'm 1km from the same ghetto suburb of home invasions, grudge bashings, druggy gossips, bad addicts, thieving dogs, humble murderers and standover men that can't fight but everything is perfect

I tell ya, living around a bunch of people with really feral bedrooms isn't pleasant. Ya get to know someone and they introduce ya to 2 people etc and after a month ya meet a bunch of people with no self respect and deep down bad intentions. Sure we all get lazy and learn how to get lazier. It's one of our many skills. The worse we spiral the further we gotta climb back up which is one of other skills

PA's explanation of clustered bedrooms breeding professionals is perfectly valid but not healthy. If Peace became not a clean freak but someone who had high regards to the presentation of his house he'd advance his professional status with a renewed clear cut confidence. Messiness is a sign of self neglect. You do a career of someone elses calibre better than they do but you're not reaching your true potential.

The authority thing was directed to the seeds of everyone's personality and coping mechanisms in preparing to get older.

Genevieve

Quote from: Sevah on March 23, 2012, 03:17:09 AM
I live in a safe place now, no one's stolen from me since I moved last and last place I lived was a ghetto. Now i'm 1km from the same ghetto suburb of home invasions, grudge bashings, druggy gossips, bad addicts, thieving dogs, humble murderers and standover men that can't fight but everything is perfect

Elizabeth??

Shadow

PA's explanation of clustered bedrooms breeding professionals is perfectly valid but not healthy. If Peace became not a clean freak but someone who had high regards to the presentation of his house he'd advance his professional status with a renewed clear cut confidence. Messiness is a sign of self neglect. You do a career of someone elses calibre better than they do but you're not reaching your true potential.
This sounds like something Freud would come up with and is almost certainly wrong.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

Quote from: Shadow on March 23, 2012, 06:44:39 AM
This sounds like something Freud would come up with and is almost certainly wrong.
Spoken like your someone who's lived in 3 homes over 20years and had someone else clean half your mess.

Simple graph. Really messy is irresponsible due to complex reasons they think only they can understand and too clean is a control freak. Messy people are successful because they can abandon responsibilities at home to go to a less challenging/stimulating environment for work.

And Genevef, ChristiesDowns is worse than Hackham and Hackham is worse than Elizabeth. Now i'm back in MorphettVale but a good lil hidden part.

Genevieve

lol all those places are right next to each other, can you really distinguish between them?

Sevah

It boils down to the fact people 2kilometres away are scared to venture into new territory. My street is tucked away nicely and my place is tucked away on my street.