April Round Release Notes

Started by Shadow, March 28, 2012, 09:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Because being the ultimate warlord involves finishing with the best attack and defence rating along with the highest networth and leftover resources.
Myself and Ryu usually battle it out for most offences and try to get +95% success along with repelling the weak or sloppy.

Looks like you've only been here a few weeks.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

I guess you'll need a leader defense too then?

What a novel idea.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

I'll be abusing this feature much like you do. Not only that but i'll encourage others.

Who wants to gang up on Shadow?
Sharing all my resources with everyone who does significant damage  >:D

PS, I found a bug
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

windhound

95%?  That's hardly anything to brag about Sevz dear.
Most of the time when you fail, you only fail once before moving on.  When you attack, you go +10.  So this means that you can end up with a 90+% offense rate while failing every other target choice.
Its not a very useful percent to look at, but whatever helps your ego.

If you have leftover resources you're not being very efficient. 
I think that shows sloppy play more than anything else, as resources don't count for anything now.  A buffer amount is great, but if you have a ton of leftover resources at the end of the round, you have a ton of potential networth that was never made use of.

Perhaps you should re-think what makes an "ultimate warlord"

Failed attacks do not take land, but can cost the attacker a fair amount to do.  Losses are calculated based on amount sent.
Removing failed attacks from the maxing calculation should be interesting.  It should reduce the amount of land locking...  which, well.  I guess you would dislike that.

/shrug

Also, please post bugs in the Bugs forum or PM them to an admin.
I shouldn't need to remind you that abusing a glitch will get you banned.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Plus --> + +95% making allowances for failed steals here and there attacks with low health.
Also I said have the best defence rating and the most networth with spare resources on top of that. All rounded victory with a few tricks still up the sleeve

shadow is the bug. squish.

Wolf Snare

1 rat attacks are outlawed.... wat?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

1 rat attacks were outlawed when intentional maxxing was outlawed. Since there is no more intentional maxxing possible, there is no rule against 1 rat attacks.

Wolf Snare

Well, if that wasn't the dumbest thing I ever heard...
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

You guys obviously don't get the idea of leader attack buffs this round.

They are an added component to troop attacks, which can succeed independent of the troop part, but they only do half damage if your troops fail. Which means that a 1 rat attack with an attack buff is essentially just a half-power leader mission. Since they don't add to maxxing count, there is no harm.

Wolf Snare

does the attacker need to have a leader ratio that trumps the defender at least? otherwise this is just ridiculous.

also, 4 turns sucks, ollie!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 30, 2012, 05:06:28 PM
does the attacker need to have a leader ratio that trumps the defender at least? otherwise this is just ridiculous.
of course...

Leader missions are completely identical to what they have always been except that now you need troops to do full damage. This is all stated explicitly in the release notes...

And yes, 4 turns sucks.

Wolf Snare

I learn my playing by feel.

So the mission ratios are the same?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 30, 2012, 05:06:28 PM

also, 4 turns sucks, ollie!
Nerfs suck, get over it

(i bet that's in a GIF somewhere on the internet)

[edit] went looking for the GIF and all I found was this... Thank you internet.

The Obliterator

Just finished probably the worst run in my rwl career including when i didn't know how to play.
Couldn't break the top people. There wasn't enough troops on the market and even if there i was i didn't have any cash to buy them with. So i basicly ran with about 10k land for the run and made next to nothing.
Is it gonna be like this untill someone breaks the top two indyers.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Sevz

I can give ya a hand bro, what empire are you?