April Round Release Notes

Started by Shadow, March 28, 2012, 09:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

What is the aim of the game? Why be an administrator if you don't respect the more intelligent players? Why make changes that are only designed to hurt the entire playerbase?
Take out the top guy? who wants to be a skilled player in a game that automatically destroys them when they use their skills?
Why not just disable the good players and take it back to compliant n00bs who believe everything you say?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Peace Alliance

And yet it seems as though you have no lack of incentive to be on top.

Sevz

Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sevz

And I can't count how many times i've either won or helped a mate win so yeah I'll be bashing bots as a public scraper. Also bot attacks shouldn't count towards hitlimits. Don't want them in the way of the people too much

Shadow

I like the attack buffs but the failed attack/buff success mechanic is not ideal.

Next round I will leave attack buffs in, but they will only succeed if the attack does, and I will put back a few of the leader missions as pure leader mission, however they will be reduced in power compared to the attack buff version. This attack system is hard to get right.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Of course you concede your previous emphasis when your own tactics are used against you. Pity it always has to work this way for an admin to come around. Wait, aren't you supposed to be impartial?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

I am not saying the mechanic is bad, just that there should be less mess on the news feed. Again, I am not suggesting any functional change whatsoever. My last post could literally be translated as "next round I will make the attack system look prettier".

~reading comprehension~

Peace Alliance

Shadow originally asked for your helpful critique, snare. Are you seriously going to pretend like he was defending the new attack system? The problem here is that instead of helping, you're just complaining and accusing.

Sevz

peace how about you help with the attack system instead of going off topic to defend a fool. results are results and it's a lunacy dirty way for shadow to win nothing, take out the opposition with failed attacks cos he's too weak to play with skills. Now he's trying to hide the steals.
I don't care much for the new game or the way things are gonna turn out.

Peace Alliance

Dude, seriously. It's not a "failed" attack; that is a read out error. It is a half-powered leader attack. he broke you with leaders. Get over it. Incompetency is not well hidden behind accusations.

I help shadow when I can, but I'm not necessarily the best person for input on the attack system. I can read though. And what I'm reading from you makes no sense, so I respond. My purpose here is to bring a little bit of reality into the world of Sevah. I've noticed how much you hate that...

Rakefur

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 04, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
My purpose here is to bring a little bit of reality into the world of Sevah. I've noticed how much you hate that...
Should be siggied...
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Durza

That would make a very nice siggie
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sevz

PA, you're an actual retard. Jus shut your mouth and think about it. Last round I dominated all month and gave my mate the win. The round before I dominated and gave my mate the win. For as long as I've played redwall I've been one of/the best.

After all this time now that i'm not first spot you think my opinion has changed? I was shouting IDIOT last 3 months ya fruitloop fairy. THERE IS NO DOUBT SHADOW IS CHEATING THE SERVER. Failed attacks don't count to hitlimit so he abused that function by failing +50attacks with 1rat then succeeding a few against an easy target with 22 hits left. If I did this to others you'd all be saying I'm a piece of trash. There is literally nothing anyone can do to prevent it. Leaders can be full but like we know it's sometimes impossible to block a simple murderer.

I'm tired of this button pushing theme you've got going on PA. You are a really negative person. A person with issues and obvious depression. I don't like pointing it out but you need to shut up. Might be funny for you but it's not funny for me that yous don't take your admin position seriously.

When I'm winning i'm the stupid bad guy, when i'm not winning i'm jus stupid. When I suggest a change it's either a complaint or another trick for me to win easier. Is there ever a time when you think I might just like competition? and play redwall for the competitive pvp aspect? I like to teach people tricks and boost the confidence of new players. They get better but i'm still best.
Told you all that the game is rigged. I Demonstrated how bad the balance is and still no response. We won all 3.0 rounds and things have slid downhill. I've given the most simple changes that get ignored cos the obvious agenda is to make a server that Shadow might actually win.
When everyone quits you'll regret it all

Shadow

Keep the personal attacks out of your post or you will be gagged.

Shadow
Modding

Additionally: why can you people not get it through your heads that the failed attacks are just noise in the news feed? What I did was succeed in a leader mission, and the game put up failed attack news because I didn't get around to telling it not to. It doesn't mean the failed attacks do anything at all. They are just noise. Ignore them. You know your complaint in invalid when you could change only the news output and have it go away. I don't know how to make this any clearer, so I am just going to ignore any of your posts about failed attacks from now on. The horse has been kicked enough.

I don't care to win. Really. The fun I get out of RWL is in coding for it. I play to make sure that the code I do works and that it does what I intend it to do. If people preferred I coded and didn't play I would be happy to do that, though I am better able to address game issues when I can actually play with them actively.

If you don't like where something is going, give me a reasoned explanation as to why. The reason I am ignoring your objections to this attack system is because your banging on about "failed attacks" indicates to me that you haven't bothered to actually understand what is really happening there.

Sevz

Offensive Actions: (?)   2427 (93%)
Defenses: (?)   1940 (23%)

Because offensive and defensive actions define a warlord. The essence is not if you win or lose but how you play the game. I never online someone unless I have a reason not strategy related.
"Additionally: why can you people not get it through your heads that the failed attacks are just noise in the news feed? What I did was succeed in a leader mission, and the game put up failed attack news because I didn't get around to telling it not to. It doesn't mean the failed attacks do anything at all. They are just noise. Ignore them"

Murdering health is rude but i'm fine with the option if you had a cap on it. Failing attacks so their ratio doesn't change is code abuse. Your in charge of the code being fair for everyone but this round it seems you've been working to help a new emperor lock the land from the game under all the rules you've set