April Round Release Notes

Started by Shadow, March 28, 2012, 09:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

So I finally realized why scouting was so silly in southsward: it had an 80% scouting bonus. So I tweaked it a little bit, it should be more even now.

Southward:
Loyalty -5%
Troops -5%
Workers +10%
Scouting +10%

Mossflower:
Loyalty +10%
Troops -10%
Scouting/Workers +0%

Northlands:
Loyalty -10%
Troops +10%
Scouting/Workers +0%

Gotta say peace, I am not a fan of the 4 turn thing either. My run schedule is a lot less flexible, and I imagine that will hurt you as well.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

You only just realised southsward was best for scouting? Shouldn't of changed it so dramatically.
Turn rate is better for the hitlimit but increase the hitlimit with turnrate and it'll be fine at 32. If not change the name from turbo to medium-ish
Stored turns should release at 2 instead of 5, it's similar to the current 8 rarara but pops 7
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Obliterator

Yeah im not a fan of it either. It means if i miss a run and run late i have to wait till that same time the next night to have my next run :(
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Sevz

I've been speaking in laymans terms, 5 per 10 minutes plus 2 stored turns.
It takes around 23-24 hours to fill turns (700) compared to the current 576 per day. Of leave it how it was
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

That might be closer to what Peace was trying to achieve. I think 4 is too slow and inflexible and will have the opposite effect of what was intended - as Oblit said, people will be forced to miss full runs to reset a schedule instead of missing a few hundred turns.

Peace Alliance

Not true Oblit, with stored turns you have a 5 hour buffer. If you're 5 hours late on your run you can run 5 hours earlier the next day. So it evens out.

You get 1.3 hours of flexibility naturally every day, because it doesn't take a full 24 hours toget on full turns.

So you have a 6.3 hour window to run. That's not super rigid. I think that we're all just adjusting so far, and that there are 2 things you should keep in mind:
1. You may be feeling anxiety between runs because it seems longer. But keep in mind it's slower for everyone. If you're waiting for turns, so are they.
2. I think we should also get used to doing half-runs and almost-full runs. A half run will switch your run schedule from PM to AM. This can be handy if your personal schedule is changing, or if you're trying to get a jump on someone. Even just a land grab without production can be worthwhile if you stop half way and then run again in 12 hours with full turns. Turbo has 550 turns (that is a BUFF I did 't hear anyone complaining about when I changed it so we'd be closer to 24 hour runs) which is much more then average. I know when I was playing actively that I didnt always end on 0 turns.

Sevz

Ignore PA and ignore everyone else.
5 turns per 10minutes. Stored turns release at 2 per 10minutes

Attacks still release at 2per hour @ 32 max. 3 fails takes 1 away leaving 31

Market sales tax should range from 5% to 20% and removal fee @ 25%

This will fix many problems and put things in the best perspective

Wolf Snare

Bring back 5 turns, this is nonsense.

Market tax is totally ridiculous. Shadow keeps coming up with ways to harm the best players.
Well I will always beat the system. You're just turning things into a game of chess.... I happen to be very good at chess.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Market tax prevents misuse, while maintaining fair strategic use of the market. It's a win-win solution in game design. You are not as fargone as Sevs, snare, and I know you're smart enough not to complain about every game change that appears to be a nerf. Some balances are a buffs, some are nerfs. Like you said; you'll survive either way. So lets be a little more level headed when we challenge game changes.

Wolf Snare

This in no way balances the game. Something that was intended to fix market abuse is actually detrimental to anyone in the top 3 with marketed goods. I don't expect you to understand, being passive, but let me inform you:

When you reach the top 3, the market tax kicks in and any troops you sell are taxed up to 50%. HALF of you money disappears. completely illogical. I always thought in this game we were supposed to strive for the win, but the game is being designed backwards to spite the talented. If you made it to the top by reselling as a passive (which isn't really much of a stretch considering the effectiveness of your strategy) how would you react to this hefty tax?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

If you can suggest a better way to block the market abuse as a tool to aid, then I would be happy to code it. Until then, the tax is the best we've got.

Reiterating my support for 5 turns per 10 mins. 576 turns per 24 hours doesn't leave much room for error.

Wolf Snare

Outlaw it? You seem to spend enough time watching the happenings of turbo to know when it happens. It's not been used since the first round of 3.0, simply outlaw it and people will listen in fear of being disabled. Much the same as how Wolf Bite outlawed 1 rat attack-- or don't you feel you have that kind of authority over the people?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ian2424

I like 5 turns every 10 minutes. 4 is too slow. 'm not very patient... Lol
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Wolf Snare

I do believe Ollie switched the rate of a game for an entire server based on his own schedule.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 31, 2012, 12:31:01 PM
Outlaw it? You seem to spend enough time watching the happenings of turbo to know when it happens. It's not been used since the first round of 3.0, simply outlaw it and people will listen in fear of being disabled. Much the same as how Wolf Bite outlawed 1 rat attack-- or don't you feel you have that kind of authority over the people?

I don't have time to police it, and there is always the gray area of judging intention. So no. It needs to be a code solution.