Botfarm trick

Started by Sevz, April 08, 2012, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Everyone needs to use murder on the bots. With the programming it'll make them very weak on their attack since health is low =D
They still scout but can't break anyone
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

They're smarter than that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

They're more then just one trick ponies (ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Sevz

It does handicap them, they start their run with low health forcing them to heal after being Chaosed
n00bs
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Your rudeness is getting you close to being gagged again.

Shadow
Modding

I pipe up because I don't like misinformation about the game being spread to people who are trying to learn it.

Pippin

how many will there be in future rounds? 20 something seems a few too many, though the land they brought into the round was nice, until it was cruelly taken  :'(
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Haha certainly not this many again. Probably just a couple for most rounds, and we will work on making emperor AIs for themed rounds.

Durza

That certainly would make the game more interesting.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Shadow

Might be fun to do a round where a random player's account is taken over by a bot each day

Sevz

Shadow and PA are twits, just attack them and use the murder feature =D

Shadow

I'm not stopping you getting help bashing ponies, I am correcting your mistakes/lies about how the game works because making misinformation public is counterproductive.

If you want help bashing ponies, ask people for help bashing ponies. There's no need to invent info about the code to get it done.

As for the rest... lol.

Sevz

I thought they spent the first 100 turns attacking? and they are programmed to attack from higher health? initially healing would interfere with the first 100 turns used of the run leaving them to return to producing unless they're set to hit a certain amount of times each?

Shadow

having to heal will slow them down, but it won't make them unable to break as you suggested. It will just mean their attacking phase is a bit shorter.

windhound

Actually they're 'smart' enough to use Heal if they have the loyalty, so 50 odd turns "wasted".
Due to a failsafe they have a 1 in 5 chance of just using turns on the land they have for 25x every time they go to attack, so if they can't find a target they just use turns instead of attacking.  You're not really harming them, just wasting your own turns.

I don't know why you think the NPC's are some major threat that has to be 'dealt' with Sevz, they're really pretty stupid atm.
They've got some decent failsafes, but they're not great.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on April 08, 2012, 08:43:57 PM
Actually they're 'smart' enough to use Heal if they have the loyalty, so 50 odd turns "wasted".
Due to a failsafe they have a 1 in 5 chance of just using turns on the land they have for 25x every time they go to attack, so if they can't find a target they just use turns instead of attacking.  You're not really harming them, just wasting your own turns.

I don't know why you think the NPC's are some major threat that has to be 'dealt' with Sevz, they're really pretty stupid atm.
They've got some decent failsafes, but they're not great.

They aren't a threat but why are they there if you don't want us attacking them?