Mass Appeal

Started by Sevz, April 23, 2012, 12:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will stick around for months to come?

I love the way it is
6 (33.3%)
Yeah and happier if things get fixed
10 (55.6%)
Only if things change cos i'm about done here
2 (11.1%)
The place has really gone downhill but I've got hope for the best
1 (5.6%)
I strongly dislike rwl 3.0
1 (5.6%)
Only if the land is available
0 (0%)
SHAEL hit the master reset button and bring back Turbo
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 28, 2012, 12:25:54 AM

Sevz

Out of curiosity I'd like to know how everyone (except shadow) feels about the way things are.
Looks like the majority of the playerbase is truly struggling.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

I like where it's going, but it's not done yet. That's more or less the impression I get from most people when I ask about it. I meant to make a poll like this a while ago but never got around to it.

For those voting: please post your candid opinions about the way things are going. You won't offend me in the least; I have such fun coding in the first place that I am really not bothered reverting something if enough people truly dislike it.

My current to-do list (please be a little patient though, events in my life right now are not allowing me much leeway):
- Boost indy production and reduce cash upkeep for indies
- reduce cash output
- speed up leader gains at high hut/land ratios slightly
- remove the failed attack/leader mission mechanic. Instead, leader buffs work as they do not but only if the attack succeed in taking land. To offset this, I will being back some leader only mission, but at half power. (Basically the same as it is now, but the half power leader misions won't be accompanied by a failed troop attack).

And there's one more market idea that's in the works that I'll tell you buys about at the end of the round.

I can't guarantee any of this by round end, but I will do my best. Worst comes to worst I will do a midround release.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

abartell

I like how it is except for some of the really good *new* (last month or so)
that is on turbo but i also still really like turbo, except for this last round it was horrible no one got there net to an emping level that much and most people were like starving for land like a pack of wild dogs, we would get attacked if we had more than 5,000 land and sometimes even less land, in general last round sucked.

lol didn't sevz say specifically not for you to reply (shadow)
I'm really a squirrel but don't tell any one

Shores of Tripoli

I know you have exams but as soon as you're done I hope that you could please devote some time to this Shadow. I love that turbo is here but it has so much potential that it's a shame to let it be held back by such petty problems. It needs some work.

Shadow

Exams are done, family issues have replaced them. But there is actually some other stuff in the works that is preventing me from coding mechanics for a few days yet.

Rest assured it will get done :)

I'm glad the responses to the poll have been more or less what I thought it would be. I like to think I have a good sense that people are on board with 3.0, but it's always nice to be sure.

lol didn't sevz say specifically not for you to reply (shadow)
Yes, but he didn't ask nicely.

abartell

Lol well at least in my opinion everyone likes having a turbo but they also would like to have different rounds themes but not that last one everyone pretty much went savage trying to find land and there are also some new good features(needed on reg), but some not so good new features, i can't think of them off the top of my head so i have  to check later.

-Lord Bloodwrath
I'm really a squirrel but don't tell any one

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Shadow on April 23, 2012, 09:39:08 PM
Exams are done, family issues have replaced them. But there is actually some other stuff in the works that is preventing me from coding mechanics for a few days yet.

He is referring to me, as I am currently doing a complete overhaul of RWL's UI design. it's taken me about 6 times as long as I thought it would.

Shadow

(and I must say, from what I've seen so far, it's worth the wait)

Shores of Tripoli

Can it beat hidden fox? I <3 hidden fox. I remember when it came out, everybody went crazy. Including me.

Shadow

Peace Alliance

I also love Hidden Fox. Unfortunately, all the old game theme's are not going to work with this new design until I go through and re-make them. This re-design took the better part of the last two weeks - every spare moment I had.

The problem with RWL is that it wasn't designed consistently, and it doesn't remotely adhere to any of the modern html standarts. So most of what I did was go through and completely rewrite how the game renders HTML.

Which means that any of the old CSS theme's will not fit this design.

The upside is that we're half way closer to having a properly designed game. now my designs have fewer css-hacks!

Shores of Tripoli

Awesome man, I think I can speak for the community when I say that we all really appreciate your hard work.

Ian2424

Yeah  :P. By the way, I personally like Redwall theme because it has the log out button, which Hidden Fox doesn't. Heh. It sounds like I'm saying that PA is always online.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Shores of Tripoli

hidden fox has a log out button....