New Stuff!

Started by EmpNero, April 30, 2012, 02:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmpNero

Hey guys and gals

We rolled out two fairly major new features today:

1)  Global Logins.  Your forum account is your RWL account, no more three sets of passwords. 
As you can see with the turbo signup, it really simplifies things out.
Any issues with this part please let me know.

2) Turbo style.  Turbo is completely different layout wise, even if you normally don't play Turbo I highly recommend taking a look. 
Any issues with this part please let Ollie know.

Oh, and there's a new chatbox.  It may float around till I find where I want it to go, or it may stay aaalll the way down there.  We'll see.
Enjoy
A Deranged Emperor of Rome?
Formerly of the clan Rome

windhound

Aaand I posted the topic with Nero, my test account.  Not worth fixing.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Interesting, but will be there an option to go back to the classic style for old fogies like me?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ian2424

Oh my gosh! I love it! And yeah. Eventually, I'll get nostalgic and want the old one back for a run.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Shadow

Gotta say, both windy and ollie did a fantastic job with the new theme and the global logins. Thank guys :)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Night Wolf

It wont let me log into reg
-edit- nevermind its working now

windhound

Volky, Ian -- I think Ollie has plans to add a 'classic' skin with the vertical menubar.  Its just not done yet.

Night Wolf -- Curious, what temporarily broke with the reg login?  I only tested it twice, but it worked each time.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Yes, I'd like everyone to message me with any suggestions or problems. I expect there to be problems. This design involved a LOT of changing important code - and the only thing I'm good at is making things shiney.

Upcoming projects (hopefully before I leave for camp in july)

- Improve the horizonal menu, using more javascript so that it's more intuitive.

- Yes, I will be making a vertical navigation version of the current RWL2-Dark theme, as well as eventually I'll redo the hidden fox theme. I might redo one of the other old theme's for the nostalgic few. I know I have a heart on for Retto's weird brown/green/gray pallette.

Pippin

looking good, but maybe to make it more user friendly it could be an automatic drop down menu when you hover over things such as 'use turns' instead of having to click on it, that would be pretty cool :D
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Peace Alliance

Actually that is less user friendly. But I am going to work on a few tweaks to the menu. I want it so that 2 seconds after you are /not/ hovering, it hides the menu.

Firetooth

Woah, I'm not around much at the moment, but this is pretty cool. Also, yay for shout box.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Are we able to post reviews/thoughts on the new look? Or should stuff like that go directly to PA view a PM?

I have to say it does look rather refreshing :)

Kilkenne

There's a thread in the bug forum if you have bugs with it, otherwise if you have impressions I'm fairly certain that you just post them here there or everywhere. I am compiling some kind of post compendium.

Ashyra Nightwing

There's one thing that bugs me and that's the Facebook message thing :P Maybe a scroll or something would be more RWL?

Sharptooh

Loving some of your comments in the code PA!

<!-- Then I render the circle, indeed it is magical! -->

I seriously need to make some time to look at this via firebug, looks like you've done some pretty cool things here!