3.0 Vacation

Started by Sevz, May 09, 2012, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

I was kind of bored and contemplating going onto vacation. Then as I went to check it was gone. No vaca in 3.0? was that on purpose?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

woah you really are crooked.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

it will be there in reg, but it was being abused too much on turbo for it to stay - we decided to remove it ages ago and only got around to it with 3.0. It is not inherently part of 3.0.

Anyway, I don't see how that translates into me cheating or anything.

windhound

Sevz, Turbo is 30 days-ish long

We've had issues with people vacationing or threatening to vacation and pop up right before the reset. 
If Snowy Fir had done that last round, vacationed a week before the reset when it was clear noone else could touch him, then came out 10 min before the reset time you'd have had a cow.
One solution to that is to simply disallow vacation in the last 7 days.  But then there's only 23 odd days left in the round.  Vacation lasts a min. of 3 days. 
Basically, it doesn't make sense.
And its a whole lot easier to remove vacation mode than it is to put a timer in to automatically remove vacationed people and prevent future recurrences. 

If you can't play for the whole round, do what you can and send your stuff to an ally as needed.

Vacation will remain a part of reg, but its abuse potential outweighs its benefits for Turbo.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Basically what windy said.

Note that you still idle out normally if you don't log in for a week.

Sevz

Your Army breaks through Snowy Fir's defenses and captures 2 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
122 Rats
105 Weasels
77 Stoats
32 Skiffs
In their defense, Snowy Fir lost:
Snowy Fir (#20) has been destroyed!

There's a quicker way to go green. Solo kills are nearly impossible. worth the challenge =D
Pity Varg was trashing me, he's next. I always liked that guy. Lucky for me there's no where to run. Can't even delete.

Peace Alliance

Gotta love your style Sevah, you preach from one end and play from the other.

Shores of Tripoli

I love you Sevs. No sarcasm here.

Sevz

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 11, 2012, 12:50:07 PM
Gotta love your style Sevah, you preach from one end and play from the other.
Next time I'm being nice you should encourage that behaviour. Didn't you shoot me down for being honest?
Take a look at the game, activities dropped, competition's dodgy, production is thrashed, investments aren't safe, miss one day and get wiped out. I'm not complaining, I could foresee the outcome. It's a case of I told you so.
I tried explaining why Shadows inadvertently a corrupt fool but few listened. 3.0 had a ripple effect on reg, the last of the players don't seem like they'll be here much longer let alone have an assertive attitude. You'd rather argue with me than admit i'm right when I am.

Vacation will be re-considered by the will of my sword. A health cap placed on murders.

PA. Don't judge me knowing we're not the same. Your like a crossdressing warlord camouflaged in whiteflags. I only give you credit cos the tough talk provides an element of originality

Peace Alliance

OK, let me sift through that wad of steaming sevscaca.

First off, activity hasn't dropped. I have google analytics, I'm watching game traffic.

second, there is an unlimited opportunity for input into the game development on RWL. Almost everyone (and I believe we even voted on this) is happy about the game changes. I've told you before that you will be gagged for clogging up the turbo forum with complaints about game development that belong in the development forum - that's called spamming.

Are you insulting me by calling me a cross dresser??

Sevz

Quote from: Peace Alliance on May 12, 2012, 07:53:56 AM
Are you insulting me by calling me a cross dresser??
You're the only one on the battlefield not prepared to attack an enemy.
What goes through your little head when you sign up a warlord?

Shores of Tripoli

I think you two should meet up IRL and fight.

Pippin

Quote from: Shores of Tripoli on May 13, 2012, 01:45:44 PM
I think you two should meet up IRL and fight.

wouldnt solve much but would be a laugh to watch
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shores of Tripoli

If one of them gets killed it would.