Shadows Cheating Again

Started by Sevz, June 16, 2012, 07:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Rules are not to freeze the land. Been like that for a few years.
Today Shadow online attacked me and deliberately dropped the acres on the landfarm who was clearly at hitlimit. He done it twice in 1 day.

I expect him to be disabled even if he does it to himself. I demand justice.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

There is invariably something forgotten in the reset. This time it was clanning the land farm. Windy will get it when he is on. I would, but you generally also complain about me using admin powers, so...

Given your message history this round, I'm not sure how eager I would be to ask windy to start disabling people.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Done
Via iPad while at the beach no less
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Woah your pulling that card now Shadow? Yesterday you were on your admin account attacking me but today you won't correct something you claim is an honest mistake? Looks more like a stall tactic

Keep cheating buddy. Your on the path to becoming a true champion.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

That's a pretty ridiculous accusation Sevah. Unless they've changed the rules, admin accounts can't attack.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

No I forgot to mark my playing account online one time. I was still in the playing account and not the admin one though. The new system links my forum account to my admin account so I have to log in that way unless I want to log out and switch forum accounts.

Gen. Volkov

Ah, OK. You have to admit though Shadow, that is a situation that could easily be used unscrupulously. Might want to think about logging in with the account that controls just that game account in the future, unless you have to do admin-type stuff.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Yea, that was dumb of me. Force of habit at this point. Annoying thing is that the new forum account only links to turbo, not reg.

Meh, I'll try.

Gen. Volkov

Sevz

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 17, 2012, 02:12:30 PM
Ah, OK. You have to admit though Shadow, that is a situation that could easily be used unscrupulously. Might want to think about logging in with the account that controls just that game account in the future, unless you have to do admin-type stuff.
Thanks for clearing that up Volk but he's still gonna cheat in other ways. For him to drop the land on the farm that was maxed and delay clanning it for a few hours is just a demonstration of his intentions. Rubbish how he used me as an excuse that he suddenly can't do things from the admin account.
Pretty sure he's been getting free espies for a while. Can windy check the history? That'd be great

Shadow

There isn't any history to check. I considered coding one in a while ago but it was pointed out that you would just move on to "Shadow edited the history!" and we would be back to square one.

You know why there are less players around? Because the bickering and complaining is not interesting to read, nor does it make the game any more fun. Forum discussion has stagnated recently and most thread just devolve into egos and accusations.

I don't want that, so if it means having to not play then so be it. But please stop with these pointless rage threads. Be constructive and helpful instead. I promise I'm a pretty decent guy to work with when you actually put in the effort to work with me on this stuff instead of just ranting at me.

Sevz

Quote from: Shadow on June 17, 2012, 04:02:25 PM
But please stop with these pointless rage threads. Be constructive and helpful instead. I promise I'm a pretty decent guy to work with when you actually put in the effort to work with me on this stuff instead of just ranting at me.

ROTFL. That's golden comedy. I've posted about 5 or 10 times since zero point three. Macho topics didn't kill rwl you did.
I refuse to work under a corrupt novice and I regret last time I put in a little bit of effort. You already pee'd on those chips so don't expect me to have a positive opinion towards your poor results. If windy asks i've got time to answer.
You snaked your way for years to get into a coding position only to pull this BS on everyone?

Here's a message you sent me today.
From (?) Shadow (#19)
Sun, 4 am
It's clear from the way you babble and put random buzzword salads in your suggestions that you have no idea what you are talking about or are unable to communicate effectively.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't get my sympathy when you say you might not play. Build a decent networth up over a few weeks and get it taken out by some lowbeat suicider. See how it feels to have some spiteful little jerk at the bottom of the ranks killing your stuff and holding no value worth retaliating against.
Repeat step 1 until you realize that the little dog in last place with no banking skills or netgaining discipline has it extremely easy. Very unfair and always gonna provide a negative theme.

This is only the beginning of the exposure. Keep cheating and I'll post it on here. As the list grows with information even your best friends will see the truth no matter how much you keep lying and covering your tracks.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteFor him to drop the land on the farm that was maxed and delay clanning it for a few hours is just a demonstration of his intentions.

Eh. For a long time the Land Farm wasn't clanned at all during the round. It would be there with tons of land and maxed. That they forgot to clan it this round is not a sign of bad intentions, it's a simple oversight. A clanned land farm is for convenience, its not a right.

Sevz

Are you saying that if the landfarm was maxed and you were running turns then I onlined you and dropped it on the landfarm knowing it's maxed you'd have no problems? What if it was the second time the same day?

Why is an admin getting away with aberrant behaviour?

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 17, 2012, 06:53:23 PM
QuoteFor him to drop the land on the farm that was maxed and delay clanning it for a few hours is just a demonstration of his intentions.

Eh. For a long time the Land Farm wasn't clanned at all during the round. It would be there with tons of land and maxed. That they forgot to clan it this round is not a sign of bad intentions, it's a simple oversight. A clanned land farm is for convenience, its not a right.

You're talking before 3.0 was released though volk, when anyone could open attack ops to free up the land. Initially, dishonourable land locking was outlawed by Wolf Bite years ago, who banned the formerly popular "one rat attack" and made it punishable by ban.

More recently, Shadow created another desperate variation of dishonourable land-locking. He began onlining his opponent and dropping land to the maxed landfarm. This obviously makes the land inaccessible, and is blatant code abuse. Of course, we already had this argument and came up with the solution of clanning the land farm every round.

I'm not even going to bother trying to prove that Shadow's actions were shady; it's impossible. As PA once said, he can do whatever the heck he wants whenever he wants, and no one in a position of power will question him. This is the unfortunate truth of the situation, as his word will always be final.

Because of this, I urge him to be more professional and stop logging in through admin accounts, attacking people when offline, and reading ingame messages. This is a poignant reminder of ZAP back in the day when the admins abused their powers. IMPARTIAL should be stressed here, the rules should not be ignored, and a code should be implemented that strips any active admin of his admin account.
See, I have a strong gut feeling that this issue would be dealt with much differently if we used this cheating against Shadow. It would give him that reason he's been looking for to finally ban us ingame. At the very least, he would have clanned the land farm up the moment he noticed it was inconveniencing him.

Shadow-- to claim you didn't realize you were abusing the code is absolute nonsense. You obviously took note that the land farm was unclanned, and therefore realized that by dropping land to it you could prevent us from scraping again. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt, suggesting maybe you were dropping land to your leader ratio all these times, but after observing your stats (legitimately, 'magine that) it was clear that you did it specifically to block land flow. These recent ingame actions are the most dastardly I've seen from you yet, which is saying quite a bit.... But know that being disingenuous about it now is just disgraceful. Are you shameless?

If you're going to linger on your admin account "appearing offline" all day, waiting to online us, at least do something useful like place the landfarm in a clan--that is, since you're innocent, of course.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)