Possible vacation abuse

Started by Gen. Volkov, June 20, 2012, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Sevah and two of his team have the highest land totals in the game, and all three are in vacation. From what I remember, you have to be idle at least a week before you get put into auto-vacation. Sevah might have idled out, though he was last active only 4 days ago, but Aspiring Ruler went into vaca only 2 days after running. Not sure about Aarak, but it seems like he went into vaca awfully quickly as well.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

I can't be bothered playing. had 450/150 ticking over for long enough. Thought the fight was over

Since you haven't been much of an enemy
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

You killed shadow late on the 16th. There is a 12 hour delay, which means it was only about 4 days and maybe some change before you hit vaca. That means you just waited long enough to get to full turns full saved before you hit the vaca button, and took 112k land with you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Quote from: Sevz on June 21, 2012, 02:38:42 AM
I can't be bothered playing. had 450/150 ticking over for long enough

So this is you conceding the Volkov-Sevs duel, I guess.

Didn't take much.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on June 21, 2012, 07:19:09 AM

Didn't take much.

This is my take on it.
Vacation abuse is mostly for turbo, as reg never [rarely] ends he'll have to come back out eventually if he wants to play.  If he doesn't he can just stay that way.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on June 21, 2012, 07:40:11 AM

Didn't take much.

This is my take on it.
Vacation abuse is mostly for turbo, as reg never [rarely] ends he'll have to come back out eventually if he wants to play.  If he doesn't he can just stay that way.

see, I really couldn't be bothered continuing a duel where volk didn't ever intend to 1 on 1.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sharptooh

So basically you gave up . . .

Gen. Volkov

Hey cool, guess I win. Again.

BTW, I did intend to fight you 1 on 1, but you decided to change the rules. Don't blame me for your own decisions.

Wolf Snare

*expletive deleted*

Dude, you couldn't find your way through a maze if the rats helped you. you win at nothing. /lame

*glares at shadow*

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Quote from: Sevz on June 21, 2012, 09:16:39 AM
Quote from: windhound on June 21, 2012, 07:40:11 AM

Didn't take much.

This is my take on it.

see, I really couldn't be bothered continuing a duel where volk didn't ever intend to 1 on 1.
Right, it was coincidence that Snare suicided Volk just before you did a takedown  ::)

Wolf Snare

I only had to suicide 6 times and volk wasn't clanned. this is because he's a noob.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Still leaping to the defence of your master and using swearwords to make yourself seem big, I guess some things never change eh Snare?

Sevz

volkov had months to fight, got whooped and died. Shadow died twice but seems we're out of players of late

Shadow

You guys keep saying volkov is bad, but you just lost to him. Shouldn't you be building him up?

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI only had to suicide 6 times and volk wasn't clanned. this is because he's a noob.

It was at least 15 or 20 and I was clanned. But you know, whatever.

*expletive deleted*

Dude, you couldn't find your way through a maze if the rats helped you. you win at nothing. /lame

*glares at shadow*

Mmk, so Sevah gives up, but I somehow don't win? How does that work exactly? Please to be explaining, because you are making no sense.

QuoteYou guys keep saying volkov is bad, but you just lost to him. Shouldn't you be building him up?

Also, this.