Hall of fame+records

Started by Firetooth, August 06, 2012, 08:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

This is more of a forum idea, not an ingame idea, so I'm not sure how possible it is, but now we have global accounts, it could be an idea to have a hall of fame where each winner of a round is highlighted or something. There could also be records of every finish you have, similar to valhall. Here's what I mean (image because you need an account to see records):

There could be issues with wanting to keep your identity secret, though, so there could be an option to set your records to hidden or something. It's just a flavour idea, and I don't know how easy it would be, but there it is.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Yeah that is a pretty good idea, QMT does it too. They also have the ability to view the results of every round.

Firetooth

Plus if I win another round I want to have bragging rights. :P
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

When global login ideas started flying around I immediately had so many ideas for stats tracking for players. Now I just need time and motivation to do it, or a way to motivate windy to do it ^_^.

So yea, stats tracking is definitely a feature I would love to put in, but it will take a fair bit of planning and time. If you give me an idea of what exactly is tracked and the format it is in at QMT/Valhall that could give me a starting point in my mind.

I know there are also point systems at other proms. Is that something of interest to you guys? Maybe Death can explain to me how that works elsewhere?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Death

I will explain the way Valhall does it because in terms of features like that they were always miles ahead. On the main page you see...

Halls of Valhall - This is where the results of every set of every game were recorded like this with the empires and all and the user account linked to them next to it... and just for the record Maw embezzled someone for a huge deal of cash that set and that is the only reason that doot viking beat me.

Records - Like Firetooth's screencap, you can search by user and see every finish that player has in every game.

Basically it's just recording the scores and implementing a way to navigate them. The points thing was kind of eh. Basically you were awarded a certain amount of points for every hour you were at a certain rank with the amount varying by the rank (like 100 for being in 1st, 90 for being in 2nd) and at the end of the year those were summed up so people could see which players were at the highest ranks for the most amount of time. Thing was it didn't really account for players who store cash and such so it wasn't the best way to compare players. We just stuck to voting for awards for that.

Shores of Tripoli

Could somebody link me to Vallhal? I couldn't find it in a google search. I'd kinda like to check this out...

Firetooth

Neji Hyuga

i would love to see an immorts for rwl.
im curious to see the stats of players from past sets