Cool Science

Started by Shadow, August 17, 2012, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

If you understand it, you don't need to memorize it. But I suppose that's splitting hairs.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shores of Tripoli

Quote from: Shadow on August 29, 2012, 12:45:03 AM
A single dose cure for malaria with successful animal trials

duck yea, Marines are always getting malaria- Vietnam, The Pacific, Africa. WE NEED THIS!!! Oorah science.

Death

holy duck I missed that, awesome. Now hopefully African thugs won't smoke it trying to get high like they do with antiretroviral drugs.

Shadow

I'm going to start modding if you guys keep testing the filters for no reason. Marines/truckers are a bad excuse.

Also apparently my link died and the one on reddit I copied it from also died.

It was there a minute ago, I swear (I'm allowed to swear).

Death

It's a little too futile for me to keep in mind at all when I post. I can't even try to try don't hit me.

Shores of Tripoli

Quote from: Shadow on August 29, 2012, 01:04:01 AM
I'm going to start modding if you guys keep testing the filters for no reason. Marines/truckers are a bad excuse.

Also apparently my link died and the one on reddit I copied it from also died.

It was there a minute ago, I swear (I'm allowed to swear).

Isn't that what the filters are for? to filter?

Death

I don't think they're for anything, this place is just all 1930s in terms of language censorship.

Shores of Tripoli

Genevieve

I hate how all these articles about breakthrough treatments never say what kind of drug it is.

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: DeathReally? All mine were remembering the answers to questions and remembering the steps to go through in order to like, do the activity things. Would make a lot of sense if the school I was in then just sucked though. It was so boring I would just do Mortal Kombat (random answers that could correlate to MK moves) on tests so as far as the state is concerned I'm on a 4th grade level in science LOL.

Maybe the school you went too did just suck, cause we always did experiments and stuff. There was always a graded lab component to our science classes.

btw how are babies made?

What, seriously? You want the long or short answer?

Also while that's very cool about the malaria drug, I'm with Lucy, I wish they would have said what kind of drug it was.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death

I know it's something about the stork bumping uglies with my mom and leaving her a zygote.

Shadow

Quote from: Death on August 29, 2012, 01:35:28 AM
I don't think they're for anything, this place is just all 1930s in terms of language censorship.
The filters are like guys who pick trash up off the sidewalk. They are necessary to keep things clean, but they ideally shouldn't have jobs.

Death

But anyone reading can easily know what word is being filtered. I mean they already know the words, seeing someone else use them is like, nothing. If they get offended from seeing a word they have wayyy bigger problems. But at the same time I understand that for a long time this was the norm on forums and one like this (welcoming to the small ones) is never going to change it.

Shadow

Yea, I've never known why we bother with the replace and don't just delete the words entirely. Might be a good idea actually.

But yea, the theme attracts a younger demographic so we try to keep things cleaner. Of course, they have all seen the ~internet~ at this point and I doubt it's ever actually made a difference.

Shadow