Indy Help

Started by The Obliterator, September 05, 2012, 06:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

Hey i was just wondering if anyone knows a couple things that may help me with developing my indy strat in 3.0

First of all how do barracks change workers into troops?
Like what percentage land built into barracks turns what percentage of workers into troops?
Also how many workers can each of the different lands hold?
Also are there any other factors that affect troop production other than race benifits?

Thanks a bunch :D
Oblit
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

worker bonus directly impacts output almost as much as indy bonus

troop output is multiplied by sqrt(barracks/land)

$config[wkrshops] = 85; //workers in markets
$config[wkrhomes] = 120; //workers in tents
$config[wkrindustry] = 100; //workers in barracks
$config[wkrbarracks] = 90; //workers in camps
$config[wkrlabs] = 60; // workers in huts
$config[wkrfarms] = 85; //workers in farms
$config[wkrtowers] = 50; // workers in towers
$config[wkrfree] = 50; //workers in free land

these bases are affected by taxes - they max out at 20% tax.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

So your saying that i can get the most workers by having tax set to 20% ?
Also what part of the code influences troop output?
Is there a set formulae?
Is the worker gain an exponential in relation to worker capacity?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Shadow

the only thing you can control for troop output is your tax rate and your barracks count, both of which I covered, I think. workers * sqrt(barracks/land) is the relevent multiplier, and then there are a bunch of other factors you have no control over.

Workers fill up as an exponential decay toward the max value, with the "time constant" depending on your race's worker bonus.

The Obliterator

Oh yeah i didn't think about the fact that i could leave the other part of the troop output as a constant

Ok thanks im gonna go crunch some numbers in exel

The Obliterator

Ok so i did a couple of experiments with different amounts of land and just using the max amount of workers possible times the sqrt(barracks/land) and found out that the best tactic is to use only barracks.
So unless there is any other factor that changes troop output that i need to know about ill be running with only barracks in future as tents seem redundant for the indy strategy.

Shadow

all barracks is best, but you wont be able to generate enough resources to support that without help. You may have to cash some runs, or run with some econ buildings.

Pippin

i've found tents are redundant and pretty useless if you want maximum output as an indy, and its entirely possible to play solo as in indy but you have to use certain tactics.

as a lizard or a wildcat but you start a run with producing a certain amount of food that will last your run, harms production though.
cash is easy if you use the market well and put on troop types that people will buy and at reasonable prices, and even if troops arn't being bought and your in dire need of cash you can use the sell now option with a few camps builts to convert market troops to cash, i found this is a must if im going to be playing solo indy and theres a slow start at the beginning of a round.

for this round (or any round your playing and have no food suppliers but your indying) just build 20% forages and have a 30/70% cash to food ratio and produce in small bursts then aid off. such as produce for 50-100 turns and then aid, you'll end up using virtually no food or gaining small amounts throughout a run.

also for maximum output you will want to use generals hut with about 10-20% leaders with a bonus to troop output. best to alternate between earning loyalty/scouting and using generals hut when using small bursts as you wont have enough loyalty to last a full run using generals hut.

i know its not exactly what your asked but why not, rough type up but should be able to get the jist of what im saying
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

that's more or less how I run indy when I have someone to aid to

Pippin

do you have any set turn usage? or just go with what feels is an appropriate amount of turns to use on attacking/producing/healing? i'd like to know because i just use turns when they're needed and wouldn't know where to start to maximize turn output.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

if you need resources, get attacking done quickly so health stays high and worker output is good

if you have resources to burn, never stop attacking