Game Guide

Started by Juska, November 01, 2012, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Ok, so.....I've played three runs on turbo and I have no freaking clue what the heck is going on.

Where is the game guide or can someone write a decent forum post explaining how workers effect things? And then sticky it?

Why are merc prices so ridiculously high? And sell prices so low? Why can't I loot, or forage, or anything? All I can do is earn loyalty or scout? I need leaders and loyalty to loot or forage? There is no goldmine? Or other leader spells anymore?

What do the race spells do? I'm a Magpie, but I don't actually know what Tax Evasion does.

etc. etc., I really want a good game guide.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

Game guide... various people have added various bits, nobody has had much time to do a proper one yet. I'll answer any questions you have here for now.

Here are the first dev posts, which is a general guide. Lots of things have changed since then (see other links)
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=14832.0
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=15387.0

There are a number of topics in turbo forums, if you have time to read through them:

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=15909.0
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=16137.0
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=16274.0
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=15462.0
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=16375.0

Merc buy prices haven't changed much from reg - maybe you chose a race with a high merc bonus? Sell prices are low intentionally to force interactions on the public market for indy players.

Loot and forage are replaced by leader buffs (see them in the general's hut page, where you can apply them to your regular turns for a nominal loyalty cost). You can increase your cash income, decrease costs, increase barracks output, heal faster, etc. Your turn buffs max out in power at 20 leaders/land (20% huts).

Cash and food now come from workers, through your tax rate and economic settings in manage army. Note that higher tax means more income but less workers, so there is a balance to strike. Max income happens to be at 42% tax, however barracks convert workers into troops instead of making troops from thing air, so higher tax rate also means less troops if you are using barracks. Generally indiers will be running around 30% tax, with markets and foragers to help offset costs.

Tax evasion means that there is no health penalty for high tax rate.

A basic casher strategy:

Build 80% markets and 20% huts. Set tax to 42%. Keep health high since income is proportional to health. Use the "cash income" buff as much as possible. You can generate a fair bit in a run like this, and the public market usually has very cheap troops you can defend with.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

Quote from: Shadow on November 01, 2012, 07:52:43 PM
Merc buy prices haven't changed much from reg - maybe you chose a race with a high merc bonus? Sell prices are low intentionally to force interactions on the public market for indy players.
Cont'd. And cos Shadow is a genius anyone interacting on the public market is getting ripped of with scaled taxes. Up to 50% of your stuff goes to tax **HAHAHA**. Merc sale prices are destroyed so there's no surprise jumps from people who have cash. It all happened when Snowy Fir and Shadow were on a team leading then lots of convenient changes were made to strengthen the position.
Now there's no Vacation, There's no deleting option. You can scout land but if you drop land you cannot scout more for X period. (at the time they had all the land locked and it was risky if someone created more)
Um, there's unlimited leaders attacks if you didn't know. It's really easy mang. Ratio for producing is 20% leaders to land. Any more than that's a waste so in theory the top guy cannot run up to 80% leaders because if they tried they simply wouldn't be top spot. Average player up top will be about 40% ratio at the end of their run. All you need to do to completely wipe out anyone is finish with mostly huts and next run you are boss.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Oh yea, leader got nerfed pretty hard across the board, you will probably enjoy that, Juska.

You can't produce with them directly as I already mentioned, they just play a support role for your army and economy.

You can still do leader missions alone, but they do only half damage. To do full damage, you can pair leader attacks with a troop attack (in the menu where you would normally select drive, chaos, sack, etc). There are a few leader-based alternatives that can go in at the same time as your troops. You need to break with the troops for your leaders to attempt the mission, and if both succeed, you do leader damage as well as troop damage.

You only take market taxes if you are way ahead of the average. Most people won't ever see high market taxes.

Sevz

Royal Rumpus (#4) has been destroyed!

Not so royal now, who want's to join my clan? Damned out of Hell
No requirements just take my aid cos i'm indy
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Juska

In all honestly I would have been satisfied with Leader Attack land return being nerfed haha.

It's a new and quite different version of prom, still getting used to it.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome once you get the hang of things.

Juska

What's the max leader buff %?
Current Empires:

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

20% * sqrt ( (100+race loyalty stat %)/100)

EDIT: no that's wrong:

power is :

min(1.2, 1+$users[wizards]/(100*$users[land])) + min(1, $users[wizards]/(20*$users[land]))*(0.07854 + 0.04 * atan(15 * ($urace[magic]-1)));

wizards = leaders
magic = race loyalty bonus

Juska

I've decided to instead just actually play test (I almost forgot how to do that haha)

Magpie's max at 28% leader buff.

Also, I didn't realized that workers per acre maxes at 66. No wonder my previous runs where so poor, I was running like 50% huts.

Also, I just bought 80% of the troops on the market. Go sell me more!
Current Empires:

Shadow

workers don't max at 66 per acre - each building type holds different amounts, and taxes affect it as well. If you are gaining leaders or troops, it will not fill up entirely since some are being recruited each turn, etc.

Juska

Workers per Acre: (?)   145 (max 67)

From the statistics page. What determines max workers per acre?
Current Empires:

Shadow

Each building type holds a different amount (see listing in the early links in this thread on the first dev page), which is then multipled by a function of tax rate:

return round(($users[shops]*$config[wkrshops] + ($users[homes]+$users[cities]*1500)*$config[wkrhomes] + $users[industry]*$config[wkrindustry] + ($users[barracks]+$users[cities]*500)*$config[wkrbarracks] + $users[labs]*$config[wkrlabs] + $users[farms]*$config[wkrfarms] + $users[towers]*$config[wkrtowers] + $users[freeland]*$config[wkrfree])*exp(-($users[tax]-10)*($users[tax]-10)/(50*50))*$uera["t_peasants"]);

For a given building spread, it maxxes out at 20% tax.

If you are over that, you lose workers per turn, otherwise you gain them.