sleeping

Started by Uiblis, November 29, 2012, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

Quote from: windhound on November 30, 2012, 09:37:26 AM
I find it easiest to get to sleep when I derail my brain and give it something else to focus on
Mostly, a familiar audiobook.  Something I know already so I don't stay up waiting to know what happens next, one or two ~30 min tracks in the playlist at a time.  Been using the Harry Potter series read by Jim Dale for a while, cycled through a couple times.  At anywhere from two to ten min I'm out (but oddly I remember exactly where I left off), it takes a little while to run through the series.

This is so windy.

stormsight

i dont sleep its a waste of valuable time
and it hits like a brick to the back of your head. like, goodbye, five times.
one for each finger.
and you say,
"my, my, the ways i've changed since then--the ways i've changed."
and all i ever say is,
"i'm tired."

Kilkenne

Sleep for 4.5 hrs/night, and it has worked for a few years. 1:30AM-6AM, I think I am just wired to need less sleep than post people.

I drink a pot of coffee when I wake up (takes like 1.5 hrs to drink the whole thing) and then am fine all day. I'm guessing being a functional alcoholic has something to do with it.

Firetooth

To be fair, this disease suggests you can go 18 months with barely any/no sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia,_fatal_familial#Normal_sleep_and_FFI

I usually sleep 7 hours. More on weekends, lots more. :p Kind of a waste, I think people spend as much as a third of their lives a sleep, lol.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

At my old job I was sleeping from 2am to 8am, so 6 hours. I try to get quite a bit more sleeping done at the weekend - today I went to bed around 3 and got up at 12?

I've had a bit of insomnia in the past: as the MSN crew knows, I was sleeping from 7am to 12 at one point. This was during the final year of university so I assume it was mostly due to stress and having literally no lectures, leaving me free to structure my days in any way I chose.

I like to watch David Attenborough shows before bed.

stormsight

i live off caffiene, nicotine, and burritos.
and it hits like a brick to the back of your head. like, goodbye, five times.
one for each finger.
and you say,
"my, my, the ways i've changed since then--the ways i've changed."
and all i ever say is,
"i'm tired."

PhoenixOfPanem

Quote from: Firetooth on December 02, 2012, 05:39:08 AM
To be fair, this disease suggests you can go 18 months with barely any/no sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia,_fatal_familial#Normal_sleep_and_FFI

I usually sleep 7 hours. More on weekends, lots more. :p Kind of a waste, I think people spend as much as a third of their lives a sleep, lol.

Somehow I doubt any of us have insomnia fatal familial...

12 to 7-ish, so about 3 less hours than I should.
Quote from: PhoenixOfPanem
As the only member of RWL (as is currently known) to be of the same mindset, I formally declare allegiance to the Democratic Republic of Spammania.
**NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING MODERATORS CHANGE IN MY POSTS**
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II link=topic=16923.msg356616#msg356616
No, I have failed