sleeping

Started by Uiblis, November 29, 2012, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep#Scheduled_napping_to_achieve_more_time_awake

i basically run an "everyman" sleep schedule

= 3 hours a night and naps throughout the day

apparently I'll have a heart attack and die before I'm 30 (according to people)

but apparently you sleep more efficiently if sleep deprived

from my experience it works XD

how much sleep do u guys get

btw uberman too hard, i tried it and died
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

Why would anyone ever do that to themselves?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Krowdon

I usually get 6-7 hours. Occasionally 8 or 9 on weekends.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Shadow

on weekdays I usually sleep 11-7:30, so 8.5 hours. on weekend, probably 9 hours.

Krowdon

I dont usually nap. If I do its only for about 15-20 minutes or maybe 30.

My favorite nap spot is the shorter sofa or the floor of my room with a pillow.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Uiblis

Quote from: Shadow on November 29, 2012, 07:55:55 PM
Why would anyone ever do that to themselves?

school. life. Its gotten better recently though, averaging 6-7 hours now

october was really bad though

Shadow

If you need that much to get through school, you're doing it wrong. And even if you don't, you're still doing it wrong, because no research I've ever seen suggests that odd schedules like that do anything except reduce mental performance.

Uiblis

:P Well. I still spend more time awake. If I do this for the rest of my life I could potentially "live" for over ten years "more."

But yeah, I've gotten yelled at for falling asleep in classes, lol.

Genevieve

But what do you actually do with your extra awake time that you couldn't get done with a normal sleep schedule?

Shadow

It actually takes me the better part of an hour to fall asleep initially no matter how tired I am to begin with, and I usually wake up 4 or 5 times a night, so anything except doing it in one big chunk would kill me quite quickly.

Genevieve

I think the point is that you become able to fall asleep much quicker when you're not getting enough sleep.

Shadow

Sure, but you spend the waking hour in a sort of semi-comatose stupor unless you injest a lot of your choice of stimulant.

Durza

midnight to about 8am, except when I have 8am class.  In that case I am up at 7, and in bed by 11.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

windhound

I find it easiest to get to sleep when I derail my brain and give it something else to focus on
Mostly, a familiar audiobook.  Something I know already so I don't stay up waiting to know what happens next, one or two ~30 min tracks in the playlist at a time.  Been using the Harry Potter series read by Jim Dale for a while, cycled through a couple times.  At anywhere from two to ten min I'm out (but oddly I remember exactly where I left off), it takes a little while to run through the series.

Otherwise my brain wanders and I end up thinking about things instead of sleeping.
I try for 8 hours, from 12am - 8am.  Sometimes more, usually slightly less.
I'm worthless the following day if I get less than 4 hours.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres