Started by Uiblis, December 08, 2012, 12:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

more topics, more posts

army status lists offensive points and defensive points in 3.0, then adds the totals together

the defensive points for each race individually includes towers, but the total does not
offensive seems fine however

for example a page might look like this...(numbers are just made up)

military:

troops        number                offense           defense         towers

rats             1000000              1000000         2000000         25%
weasels       1000000              1000000         2000000         25%
stoats          1000000              1000000         2000000         25%
skiffs           1000000              1000000         2000000         25%
total                                     4000000         4000000          8%
                                                ^                   ^                ^
                                                |                   |                 ?
                                                |                   |
                                            accurate       less than actual

defensive total seems to exclude tower defense, but I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers...I don't know the exact points per race for 3.0 anyway

and why is the percentage for total so low

is this intentional? also could you list the offensive/defense stats per race, and how do the percentages work?

tl;dr bug? offense/defense statistics for each race? how do tower percentages work?
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

total offense is not the sum of individual offenses, since towers add differently to each troop type. Towers allow sharing o defense between stacks which is not there when someone standards you.

So you'll see that if you have 0 towers, it adds up like you would expect, and if you have towers, total defense is less than the sum of individual defenses.

The information is accurate, and each defense number corresponds to the defense you have if someone attacks you using that particular single troop attack, whereas total defense is for standards.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

makes sense

thanks for clarifying

what determines the percentage added to each individual troop type?

and could you list the offensive/defensive points per troop for each troop type?

Shadow

rats: 2-1
weasels: 2-4
stoats: 7-5
skiffs: 9-9

the equation for towers is complex, but it boil down to the fact that offensive troops get more defense boost from the sharing aspect, so rats get more defense than weasels, for example. Towers serve to even out the defenses somewhat.

The %'s listed by each defense in army status shows what percentage of your defense is due to towers for each stack.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharktooth

What do towers do?

Uiblis

Increase defense.

By quite a bit.

Sharktooth