Video Games

Started by Firetooth, April 12, 2013, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which platform will you be using for next gen gaming?

PS4
2 (10.5%)
Xbox One
0 (0%)
Gaming PC
8 (42.1%)
Wii U (lol)
1 (5.3%)
Xbox 360/PS3 for the first few years, then get a new console of some sort
2 (10.5%)
Nintendo 64
1 (5.3%)
I'm not sure yet
2 (10.5%)
I won't be gaming :'(
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Flitchaye Warrior

Rome, Medieval, Shogun, Medieval II Total Wars and their expansions; Age of Empires, I and II, and their expansions; Mount & Blade, Warband, and Napoleonic Wars; Castle of the Winds, 1 and 2; Skyrim; Minecraft; Stronghold, Crusader, Crusader Extreme, Stronghold Legends, and Stronghold 2; And Chivalry Medieval Warfare (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1711512107/chivalry-medieval-warfare)(http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/)

Firetooth

I just finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune today. Anybody ever played it? It's fun, but clunky and with a kind of lame plot twist. Still, has a great cast of characters.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Durza

mt personal favorites in the LoZ collection, also the first i played
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Uiblis

I been playing a lot of this lately

1. convenient/doesn't eat up too much time
2. not too much of a strain on my crappy computer
3. keeps mouse accuracy/hand-eye coordination up
4. actually really fun despite the fact that I occasionally get sick of it since the whole thing is so...anime heavy.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Wyanor

Try "The legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword".
I am an Orthodox Christian.

Firetooth

New games I'm playing/soon will be!

Also, video game debate 101! PS4 or *gag* Xbox One? Or PC?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Uiblis

yes, xbox one is absolute [poop]
also, pc all the way
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

windhound

From what's been released so far, the Xbox One is just disappointing.
It basically removes most of the reasons I like console gaming.  With the 360 I can buy used games dirt cheap, and when I finish them I can give the disk to one of my brothers and they can play it.  If I want it back no worries, just put the game in and it works fine.

Years later if I want to play one of my old games just start the console and it'll work.  The multiplayer may disappear, but the single player games will play fine.  When they take the Xbox One servers offline what happens?  Forced obsolescence?  Will they release a patch so the console doesn't require the 24 hour check in?  Just... icky.

I've got a reasonably decent computer, but I have to reboot into Windows to play most games (I did do this for Skyrim).  With Valve building their linux-based SteamBox maaybe eventually I won't have to.
Sony has been somewhat quiet about the PS4, here's hoping they don't follow the same dumb path.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

I completely agree with you three. Sean's building a gaming PC atm, that should serve most our next-gen needs. Hopefully quite a few titles will go cross gen, for example games like Dragon Age with a save import.

Raggon

Been playing this lately, despite not having the best computer.

I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Krowdon

I don't really play video games, they can only hold my attention for about 30 minutes at a time and also I usually hate them, but my sister begged me to play Mass Effect so I started that.

My name is Commander Beezus Shepherd and I keep dying. :'(
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Firetooth

Quote from: Krowdon on June 08, 2013, 02:04:55 PM
I don't really play video games, they can only hold my attention for about 30 minutes at a time and also I usually hate them, but my sister begged me to play Mass Effect so I started that.

My name is Commander Beezus Shepherd and I keep dying. :'(
Mass Effect is soo good. Set it to easy if you're a noob. Also, the second one is the best. At least go through the first on casual so you can there. In the third game, there's a "story" mode for super-noobs so youkill everybody in a shot or w/e.

Pippin

Don't forget E3 coming up soon, i'm sure Microsoft will do their best to impress there.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Good point there. E3 is where it all happens. There's supposedly 15 Xbox One exclusive launch titles, and I hear Sony are showing up to 40 games.

I'm just as excited for EA's conference a day before E3, because Dragon Age III will finally be shown! Probably some other titles as well.