Video Games

Started by Firetooth, April 12, 2013, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which platform will you be using for next gen gaming?

PS4
2 (10.5%)
Xbox One
0 (0%)
Gaming PC
8 (42.1%)
Wii U (lol)
1 (5.3%)
Xbox 360/PS3 for the first few years, then get a new console of some sort
2 (10.5%)
Nintendo 64
1 (5.3%)
I'm not sure yet
2 (10.5%)
I won't be gaming :'(
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Krowdon

Quote from: Firetooth on June 08, 2013, 02:14:07 PM
Quote from: Krowdon on June 08, 2013, 02:04:55 PM
I don't really play video games, they can only hold my attention for about 30 minutes at a time and also I usually hate them, but my sister begged me to play Mass Effect so I started that.

My name is Commander Beezus Shepherd and I keep dying. :'(
Mass Effect is soo good. Set it to easy if you're a noob. Also, the second one is the best. At least go through the first on casual so you can there. In the third game, there's a "story" mode for super-noobs so youkill everybody in a shot or w/e.

It doesn't matter what setting I have it on I still die. The controls suck. My team mates suck. I cant open doors. But mostly I just get shot. :'(

I like Skyrim but I beat that.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

Define: Beat Skyrim
I've got a good 120 hours on my character and there's still open quests. 

Mass Effect is a fun series, I've only played through the first two.  Been meaning to pick up the third, nice thing now is its dirt cheap because most everyone is done with it.

But yeah...  E3 should be interesting.  I never saw any compelling games for the Kinect on the 360, I guess now that they're forcing it other games may try to use it.  The fact that you can't disconnect it is ever-so-slightly creepy
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Pippin

The forced use will bring out the good in it after a few years, though there are a few videos and the technology really has advanced.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Quote from: Krowdon on June 08, 2013, 02:18:31 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on June 08, 2013, 02:14:07 PM
Quote from: Krowdon on June 08, 2013, 02:04:55 PM
I don't really play video games, they can only hold my attention for about 30 minutes at a time and also I usually hate them, but my sister begged me to play Mass Effect so I started that.

My name is Commander Beezus Shepherd and I keep dying. :'(
Mass Effect is soo good. Set it to easy if you're a noob. Also, the second one is the best. At least go through the first on casual so you can there. In the third game, there's a "story" mode for super-noobs so youkill everybody in a shot or w/e.

It doesn't matter what setting I have it on I still die. The controls suck. My team mates suck. I cant open doors. But mostly I just get shot. :'(

I like Skyrim but I beat that.
Bring Wrex and Ashley if you suck, they have the most health. Wrex is a complete boss. As for getting shot, use cover. Mass Effect is easy-sauce compared to some games.

@Windy, make sure you pick up the free extended cut DLC before you play through Mass Effect 3. It patches over some of the issues with the now-infamous ending. The Citadel and Leviathan DLC's are also great but, as with all DLC's, are pretty expensive.

And Kinect may be good one day, but atm it's still a gimmick. M$oft also patented some pretty creepy tech in relation to privacy and kinect, though I can't remember the details.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Raggon

Can't wait for E3, but what is the best way to see what's going on there?
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

windhound

I'd just use http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming
That's all that subreddit is going to be focused on during E3

Speaking of, Sony decided they'd rather mock Microsoft's Xbox One than lock down used games
http://imgur.com/ymUneDP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
An excellent decision, thanks Sony.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

I lol'd.

Also:

PS4=  £350, lets you play used games
Xboxone = £430, doesn't let you played used games

The exchange rates for both are very unfair. We brits are getting charted £100 more for xboxone then we should.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Typhon

XBox one sounds terrible, I think I might actually buy a ps4

Uiblis

twitch was streaming e3 yesterday
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Ashyra Nightwing

wondhond, you should pick up ME3 - I got it the other day and it's pretty great so far.

I play the Binding of Isaac every day after lunch and it's the best (when you are unemployed there is a lot of time for video games)

idunno

I have so many games I really like, maybe I'll post a list later.

Quote from: Shadow on April 13, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
Why is nobody mentioning starcraft 2?

StarCraft II is pretty good. I play a lot of that and League of Legends.

Firetooth

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 11, 2013, 04:40:31 PM
wondhond, you should pick up ME3 - I got it the other day and it's pretty great so far.

I play the Binding of Isaac every day after lunch and it's the best (when you are unemployed there is a lot of time for video games)
As I said, pick up the free extended cut DLC. For the sake of your own health. :P

I just finished Planescape: Torment. Wow. I've never played a game with so much depth storywise, except for maybe Kotor 2. Obsidian/Black Isle know how to tell a good story.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Firetooth on June 12, 2013, 05:19:25 AM
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 11, 2013, 04:40:31 PM

As I said, pick up the free extended cut DLC. For the sake of your own health. :P

Yeah, I know, I've heard about the ending and what happens already and I have to keep reminding myself not to get my hopes up but it's difficult :P Eh, the actual gameplay is good so far so I'm not all that fussed about bad endings, haha.

Firetooth

The game is very good, despite too much auto-dialouge. And the ending Oh, and EDI.  :P Still, the majority is very strong and there are two brilliant plot arcs. What bit are you up to atm?

Also, I know I said earlier I didn't actually like Dragon Age: Origins that much, but I'm enjoying it a lot more on replay. I'm tempted to do a "evil dwarf supremacist" at some point. Lots of potential to be evil, murder knife ftw.

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't actually think the whole EDI is that awful - I mean I did laugh when I first saw robo boobies but the way people have been talking about it I was expecting waaaaay worse (video games fans on the internet overreacting - no way)

I've been playing a lot of original playstation 1 games recently (big difference in graphics) so my overall reaction to ME3 is basically 'whoa man they can do that in video games now????'

I've just got Tali back, if that's any clue as to where I am? How far would you say I am through the game? I really have no idea