Video Games

Started by Firetooth, April 12, 2013, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which platform will you be using for next gen gaming?

PS4
2 (10.5%)
Xbox One
0 (0%)
Gaming PC
8 (42.1%)
Wii U (lol)
1 (5.3%)
Xbox 360/PS3 for the first few years, then get a new console of some sort
2 (10.5%)
Nintendo 64
1 (5.3%)
I'm not sure yet
2 (10.5%)
I won't be gaming :'(
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Firetooth

I still liked her, but she her character arc is much better in ME2. The one thing she did not need was a body. ME3 is a game that's to unfairly criticized, but that doesn't mean there aren't some legit flaws. Still, EDI is not all bad.

Lol, the graphics in ME3 are considered average at best by most. Or, that is, most PC gamers. :P To be fair, I'm yet to see a game most people all agree has great graphics that hasn't been modded a load. Maybe Battlefield 3 for PC? Aesthetics>Graphics, anyway. Mass Effect has one of my favourite aesthetic styles. Just like the recent Deus Ex shows, a good aesthetic style is far more important than a good graphic style. But hey, maybe I'm bias because two of my three favourite games of all time were released 9 years+ ago.

You're around, in fact probably past, halfway, the game is a lot shorter than the others. Still, whilst Tuchanka is the highlight of the game (Mordin!), the Rannoch arc is almost as awesome. Still plenty of good things ahead. :)

A spoiler below for those who haven't played ME3, highlight and copy-paste to read!

Did you let Mordin cure the genophage? I did on my main playthrough, but my femshep wouldn't allow a genophage cure. You can actually convince him to fake his own death and sabotage the cure, but not if Eve/Wrex are still alive (Eve was still alive, I had Wreav in this playthrough). I shot him in the back, then was so disgusted with myself I haven't been able to finish the save file.

Also, video game music. I wanna play this and the last of us, but no money. :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944625487/omni-move-naturally-in-your-favorite-game

obviously you look like an idiot while using it but oh my god if it actually works

oh my goooooodddd

edit: you would have to play it in a lockable room or something because the temptation to scare/otherwise mess with someone playing one of these would be just too much

Raggon

I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

windhound

Just FYI, for those who haven't purchase anything via HumbleBundle or opted out of weekly updates
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Gratuitous Space Battles and Gratuitous Tank Battles for pay-what-you-want, all four games for $3 or so.
Played around with both for a bit, pretty decent
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruddertail

So I just upgraded Civ V with the latest expansion pack. I've been playing rather obsessively. . . 
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Raggon

Quote from: Ruddertail on July 28, 2013, 11:52:53 PM
So I just upgraded Civ V with the latest expansion pack. I've been playing rather obsessively. . . 

Love Civ IV, however I'm far behind modern tech and my computer can't handle V. :(
I void warranties

Ruddertail

That's too bad. I've played III, IV, and V, and V is by far my favorite. No more unit stacking, for one thing - wars are so much more interesting than the old doomstack.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Raggon

Coolio. I'm not sure if I'll like the limited resources thing, even though it makes sense.
I void warranties

Firetooth

I just finished Remember Me. Fun game with an engaging plot, great world, superb soundtrack and great protagonist. I really enjoy the memory remix sections, though these were disappointingly rare. There was plenty of room for improvement in terms of linearity of the game and repetitiveness of combat, and the game was also disappointingly short considering the price of video games atm.

Also finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West last month. Another good story-driven game, with the likes of Andy Serkis and Alex Garland involved. Doing a bit of Rome: Total War as well, in anticipation for the sequel. As Carthage, I've curb stomped Spain and Numidia and am now advancing towards Rome. >:D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

So I know I've posted the HumbleBundle several times already in this thread and its had good coverage on various websites (reddit etc), but this one is really good - https://www.humblebundle.com/

8 games: Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Burnout Paradise, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, The Sims 3, and Battlefield 3.  For five dollars.  The first six for as little as one.

I'm having fun with Burnout Paradise atm. 
Debating if I want to make room for BF3, the install is nearly 20GB
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

For anyone who played skyward sword: I just got the Hylian shield first try, no potions.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Drakus

Play dragon eternity. Half Facebook type RPG, half scam with incompetent admins who look to get as muh money as possible out of players.

meow

Wyanor

I have a pain in the rear time even getting to keep my shield. I fight to wild and crazy in Skyward sword. LOL I gave up on shields. Do just fine without them thou. Yea!! Glad someone plays it other than me. :)
I am an Orthodox Christian.