Land

Started by Uiblis, April 24, 2013, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

I think I can safely say that there is far too much land in the game at the moment.

While intentionally abusing the vacation function to withhold large amounts of land is clearly unacceptable, so too is the number of acres accessible to an active playerbase of 10-20 people. This is pretty ridiculous.

Any plans to scale this down eventually?
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

we could make the land farm drop land if it goes above the average land in the game, I suppose.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Yip.  I thought about it when I implemented the land leak, but didn't get around to it.

Probably have the land farm do a random check each turn cycle.  If the average player in the top ten is a land fat (networth / land, 'proper' amount to be determined) it'll drop a percent of the land it currently has.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Shadow

The current top ten average networth per acre is $3710/acre. Perhaps the ideal is closer to $5000 to be un-landfat. (RWL has come a long way, heh)

Kilkenne

With this much change in the game itself, it might be time to think about resetting reg. I don't care if 3.0 (which I remain immensely proud of) goes onto it, but I've been paying intermittent attention to what is going on, and this has been a big change. There is only a small group of active players presently and those who are the most active managed to capitalize on the amount of land available. If I as a mediocre/good indy player on reg were to have logged on and re-upped at the right point, I could have full turn'd up to some ridiculous net before being murdered into quasi-oblivion; And I'm only about 70% as competent as players like Snare are.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that this is a huge change to what's been going on, and while the intention is pure, it changed the whole dynamic of the game such that it might be a good idea to reset the server. That's a lot of unlocked land all at once from vacationed players. I'm not going to pretend that anyone here are stupid people, so in addition to the amount of reasons for resetting reg (which are legion), I'd also like to point out that there might be more activity on that side of the fence as well should there be a reset. (It might go from like 15 active to 20-25 active WHO KNOWS)

Shadow

I'd be ok with resetting reg. With the fall of the emperorship that was snare and sevs we are at a point where we won't be ruining anything major that I know of. I'll make a poll again.

However, I still like the idea of land farm dropping land slowly if land fat, otherwise this will just repeat itself at some point.

Wolf Snare

erm, fall? I still have 14 bil net floating around. But yeah, I guess we could do er all over again
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

At this point you'd lose it pretty quickly if you took it off. Sack on 400b food is pretty lucrative ^_^.

Wolf Snare

My strategy over a 6 month stretch would consist of quite the opposite of simply pulling a bunch of food for you scavengers. If you really want to see the master plan behind the scenes, let it pan out.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Your current master strategy has involved losing an emping position, a comprehensive land lock and vast sums of net within weeks. I'm sceptical you really have anything more inventive than "making more net to be destroyed" in the pipeline, tbh.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Wolf Snare

And that's why you've only ever been a mediocre player.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Uiblis

I think we'd be better off with a reset.

And snare, it's over. You literally have nothing left to do but pull your net off the market and watch it get destroyed.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Firetooth

Quote from: Uiblis on April 27, 2013, 10:37:33 AM
I think we'd be better off with a reset.

And snare, it's over. You literally have nothing left to do but pull your net off the market and watch it get destroyed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTDGtnAnY7w

Also, I think a reset would be good, though I don't think we should change to 3.0.