RWL 3.0 - copy paste messages

Started by taekwondokid42, May 17, 2013, 01:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

Someone sent me a link in a pm on turbo, and I couldn't highlight the text to copy-paste it.

This would be a nice feature :P

Firetooth

Copy from the top of the message. you'll still (unfortunately) have to copy everything before the link, though.

And yeah, this seems an obvious fix. :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

I actually don't know what it would take to make it work. My issue would be the possibility of linking malware, but we've never had an ingame bot problem so it might be fine.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on May 17, 2013, 01:56:22 PM
I actually don't know what it would take to make it work. My issue would be the possibility of linking malware, but we've never had an ingame bot problem so it might be fine.

PA appears to have made the message block an anchor tag (link) that runs a JavaScript function on click.

All you need to do is remove the anchor tag (<a>) and this should allow copy-pasting. The problem then is that you'll need to add a reply button or somesuch like beneath the message body.

The below works:

<a class="button_submit floatright"
        href="javascript:hideshow(document.getElementById('reply-to-826'))">
    </a>

This gives you other issues though, you need to clearfix the message container, and the reply textarea doesn't clear the reply link.

I can provide the html for the above if you want, not sure if you want to really change this (it requires changing the look a little by adding the reply button in).

Ruddertail

I'ma necro this thread to comment that being able to copy/paste easily would be really nice. Just go back to a message code similar to Reg, I can highlight and copy all day, there.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward