Implement in reg

Started by Raggon, June 04, 2013, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggon

In turbo, if you run out of food/money it will automatically stop turns. However, in reg your turns continue going and you continue losing troops. Can you implement the stopping of turns into reg?
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Shoot

I'm fairly sure this also exists in reg, but there are some actions that, with the current code, would have to use all of your turns such as:

Building/Demolishing - The code currently builds (or demolishes) all buildings you specify before spending turns. If it were to stop turn usage after taking a 3% loss, you'd end up with all of your buildings built without the appropriate number of turns spent building them. This is currently the only way that I know of that you can suffer 3% losses more than 2 times with a single action, and could be patched up if they decided to rework the building code so that building is done turn by turn (i.e. build rate of 400 = 400 of your buildings in queue are built for each turn spent) which would allow for aborting if you run out of resources.

Attacking/Missions - Attacks and missions are made before the turns get spent, so the same scenario as above applies. I do believe if you have extra missions queued and 3% you'll only suffer the losses on the current mission and the rest will be aborted.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I believe there is one key difference between turbo and reg in this regard. In turbo if you run out of cash, you'll get a bank loan automatically (if not maxed loan) to cover shortage while your turns keep getting spent. In reg you simply 3% in this scenario with turn use stopping (except in the scenarios mentioned above)

Raggon

Oh sorry, I guess I was building and ended up losing almost a fourth of my army.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?