Storehouse Strategy Guide

Started by Shadow, June 23, 2013, 06:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I'm back! And I have a real keyboard. TYPE ALL THE THINGS!

I've noticed a lot of clans seem to not be using this much, and I am wondering if it's because it's not too clear what use it can be put to. So here are a few suggestions:

Offensively:
When you are taking down a big opponent, either standarding away net or just trying to use rats to break for land, the storehouse is an underdog's best friend. This is because when you have a full storehouse, you take effectively 50% less losses, without paying any extra upkeep costs for those troops. When you break a big opponent, losses are often the thing that shuts you down - with a full storehouse, you can keep going much longer, for much less cost per turn. As an underdog, this net is also harder to get at and destroy by the top guy, since it requires them to kill your troops repeatedly in order to drain it out, whereas they otherwise could simply smash you once and be done with it.

This works especially well if you sabotage a few times to reduce health and increase their losses, thus also increasing the speed at which their own storehouse (if they have it) empties out for you to take out.

Defensively:
Turbo is currently a little kill-happy (I'll remedy this), but the storehouse is a great way to guard against kills. The less land you have the faster troops pay out, so a good store of weasels paying out as you get to low land can completely shut down a kill.

Also, when someone is trying to standard away your net, the storehouse will pay out and offset your losses, making them take significantly more losses while they hit you. The extra cost of taking out the stored troops, especially as your land gets lower, can make it so that they attacker takes just as much net damage, if not more than you. Just make sure you protect yourself against sabotage or you can lose your stored net quite fast to standards.

Economically:
The storehouse cash and food stores make it easier to coordinate as a clan, since indies will have 50% of their expenses reduced, without having to coordinate aid times or ever have those resources stored on the vulnerable-to-steal indies. You can get the same performance, with half the aid, and have your resources be safe in between runs.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Welcome back!

(I had forgotten how useful the storehouse is, because I am literally never in clan in Turbo)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

taekwondokid42

My clan has been using the storehouse a ton. It's been very useful to us and I think clans that don't use it are missing out.

1. At the beginning of any run, any troops we cannot market or sell go into the storehouse. This brings running costs to near 0 and allows us to produce a ton of cash. Sadly, we fill up our storehouse every run so we've started standard attacking people, that way we can keep putting all of our units in the storehouse and keeping costs low.
2. Any money that is at risk of being stolen goes into the storehouse. When the top guy aids away his stuff he can pull out as much as 3b from the storehouse, and he pulls more than that if he's standard attacking anybody. Most of the time we don't have that much money though because the top guy can fit 40b into cluny's hut and everybody else can house 10b. Our clan funds haven't broken 50b in a while, but we've continued to tweak our play style and we're starting to gain money much faster than previously, I'm sure the future will have us using the cash portion of the storehouse a lot more.
3. Food. ehh, we don't use our storehouse for food. Last time we put food in the storehouse it was because someone was sacking the guy who put it away. It took like 2-3 days to leak back out. Food is too useful on your person to justify going into the storehouse. Next round we're considering having a player who just masses food, and in that case we'll probably keep the storehouse full of food too.

This might belong in the strategy forum.

Shadow

it seems people have forgotten that this is a thing
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

I don't think the benefits of a storehouse would be worth it in turbo at the moment. If we clan, "god" can scoop the land much easier.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)