Bots - Casher in particular

Started by taekwondokid42, June 24, 2013, 06:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

The casher bot has onlined multiple people. I'm figuring this is a bug an not a feature, as the attack patters match redfish's normal attack patterns (5 strikes, or only 1 if the first attack fails).

Not really sure what I would do to fix this. A message?

"hi. I'm a robot. I'm about to attack you. Respond "No" and I will not attack you for the next 60 minutes. Thanks."

otherwise you could keep tally of if their NW has changed but it'll change all the time if they've got too much in Cluny's hut (common thing on my account, at the very least).

I wouldn't want to look at land because people will run for potentailly many minutes after they've stopped attacking, depending on what they are doing. 20 minutes might be reasonable though.

Shadow

bots are set not to attack if you are starred, so what probably happened is that the bot ran just after turns ticked over and the players lost their star.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Maybe you can add a clause that looks for the star from both the previous turn cycle and the current turn cycle.

windhound

Yip
The attack filter is two stage, it determines if the NPC can attack then it determines if it should attack

if($enemy[land] > 1000 && $attackedbefore === false && !($enemy[networth] > $users[networth] * $netmult) && !($users[networth] > $enemy[networth] * $netmult) && $enemy[online] != 1){
See the last bit of that line, it does do an online check.

With the artificial pauses implemented it should choose an attack target a min. or two after it starts its run, so if someone doesn't load a page within a min or two of turns resetting a bot may indeed online them.  Or the bots second or third attacks could line up directly with the turn cycle, iirc it takes them 15 - 20 min to do a full run with pauses enabled.  

I don't like the mail idea because it will result in bots spamming people.

The NPC's are currently designed to fire off five attacks two seconds apart (this will probably be increased though, its crippling as they can't get as much land as other players).  They aren't onlineing someone in the traditional sense, as the players they hit are not online.  

The bots run once a day, as soon as they have full turns.
I guess I could have turns.php assign $user[online] = 2 (no star, but the npcs could know) for one turn cycle before it resets it to 0, so there's a one cycle delay.
I guess, I donno.  Seems like if you're actually running turns you'll be flipping pages and thus keeping that star alive.

Edit:  heh, yes.  yep.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't