Taeks second opinions on rwl 3.0

Started by taekwondokid42, June 28, 2013, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Shadow on June 30, 2013, 02:28:51 PM
5. There is a % limit, it's just higher than you would like. However, because you get rats 6x faster than skiffs, it makes sense to me that they should die 6x faster. Currently, they die less than 6x faster.
6. Again, being able to store impervious resources is a bad thing. Being able to store cash reduces incentive to use cash and makes the market less active. Bad thing.

5. Rats are the only race where I log on and have 0, that's the only complaint. I can go from 15 million to 0 in a set of like 25 attacks, which just seems wrong. At some point they are hitting a high minimum, so that even when I have only 1 or 2 million 20-30% are dying each attack.

6. Maybe this was a half baked idea. Markets are powerful enough anyway. Cashers are powerful enough anyway.

markets an forages do power up income.

oh

I could see making camps and barracks the same thing, so that high barracks numbers reduced troop upkeep while leaving it relatively higher for other strategies, which aren't going to be using troops during their run anyway.

I like that idea more actually. More rax = lower troop upkeep. That would be a nice way to throw balance into the game. But we also need some way to make sure that units are disappearing at the same rate that they are appearing or the game market will have wayyyyyy too many units, which is also currently a problem.

I'm assuming that solo indys will be really vulnerable to murders and stuff, which is one way that troops will drain from the game. If people get into the habit of standard attacking each other, this will also drain troops from the game. If the merc prices are high enough that will also drain units from the game, but it'll be hard to find the right merc price where people still use the market.

But I'm thinking that we tweak things so that indys can buy troops from the mercs for really cheap, and casher/farmer can sell troops to the mercs for more money. That encourages the indys to use the market, and encourages casher/farmer to sell to mercs (to leave the marketed troops for the indys).  You'd probably need a pretty big gap though, something like -30% for the craziest indy race, and then something like +25% for the biggest non-indy race.