Theme ideas

Started by Shadow, June 30, 2013, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

While I still have the coding bug, post your favorite theme ideas which haven't been coded yet, and I'll pick one or more of them (assuming they are feasible) and code them for future rounds.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

Restore the original turbo theme. Been a long time and this beta game is crusty. It'd be great to play a round of rwl.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Sevz

:o
You don't want to put the effort in? Why make the post if you discard the first idea? Not like there's a bunch of ideas and mine was the hardest. What's your malfunction?

Is the old turbo code deleted or something?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

The old turbo code is reg, pretty much. Few minor changes.

I mean that the effort required to change the turbo theme each month is (thanks to shael) simply pressing a few buttons. When I asked for theme ideas I mean things that I could code into that framework. Old turbo isn't something that I could code in like that (at least, not without 6 months of coding at my current rate).

taekwondokid42

A tug of war round, where when you kill a player they join your team. Start with 4 teams, people randomly go to each, round ends when 1 team is left. meh just a thought

Shadow

we did something like that a while ago, but afaik the code was lost. I could try to do that again.

Keep ideas coming!

taekwondokid42

Do you remember my post about adding 'Gnomes' to the game? I'm sure it's buried somewhere special.

Shadow

taekwondokid42

I tried searching for it, but either the engine isn't looking at posts before 2010, or I misspelled 'gnomes' my entire post. Or somewhere it just got deleted.

Wayy long time ago I decided it was time for redwall to have a third race. Back then you basically had 2 things: indys, and leaders. So I thought we should add a gnome building that was completely different. My inspiration was Starcraft, which had 3 really different races.

I don't really remember what made gnomes special, but I remember spending several hours writing the post.

Shadow

I've always wanted to have RWL be sort of rock paper scissors: leader owns indy, indy owns ???, ??? owns leader. Just never really got around to sorting out ???.

Gen. Volkov

I had a round idea awhile back, tentatively titled "Killer Space Cows", though it wasn't workable until we had functional bot players, as now seems to be the case. That doesn't have to be the actual name, it's just a placeholder for someone better with names than me to think of something. The basic set up is this: forced clan round, with 2 clans. They started off allied. I'd like to the see the two clans called "Redwall Defense Force" and "Free Redwall Army". For every player that signs up, a bot player is created, we can call them "Cow saucer #1", "Cow Saucer #2", etc. The idea is to have as many bot players as actual players. Those bots are all in one clan, and if possible, more aggressive than the standard bot. At the top we have an emp, we can call him "Cow Overlord". He has 2 billion rats, 1 billion weasels, 2 billion stoats, and 1 billion skiffs. He also has several trillion cash and several trillion food, but he is clanned. The objective of the round is for the two allied clans of players to defeat the invading army of cow bots and kill the cow emp. Once that is accomplished, the two clans of players are automatically unallied and the round progresses as normal. Again, if you don't like the cow theme, change it to something else, just look at the overall concept.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

taekwondokid42

That sounds like fun. We could pick one of the villains from the redwall series. I remember Lord Brocktree having a villain with an endless army.

we could have it:

Make 1 bot per user that signs up but when bots die they don't respawn. When users sign up and don't play the bots still stick around. That'll probably make the numbers closer to 2 bots for every human. Make the humans able to fight each other too because that sounds interesting too.

Why would you make his volume of stoats equal to his volume of rats though?

Gen. Volkov

Because I want him to be hard to break, not impossible to break. Oh, and he needs to have good leader defense as well, and a million land. The bots not respawning is a good idea, the people fighting each other is pretty much against the entire idea behind the round, which is Redwallians banding together to fight off a massive invasion. All the infighting happened a long time ago, this is the last stand for Redwall.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

taekwondokid42

Actually, it might be good to have a round where we are all on one team.